This role provides support to the Lead Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to provide an exemplar customer service, in particular, for employee relations. The post holder will provide overall day to day management of the HR Teams workload covering the full range of generalist HR tasks operating at the cutting edge of the HR profession.
Organisation within public sector
- Support the Lead Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to enable HR to provide an exemplar customer service, in particular, for employee relations; managing project / programmes of work in a team lead capacity and to liaise confidently with key stakeholders.
- Manage Employee Relations cases, in particular lead on Absence Management cases, and also at Informal Stage, and Stages 1 & 2 of relevant policies e.g. Grievance and Disciplinary and to support the HR Team with complex query resolution/complaints often sensitive in nature, emanating from the service desk.
- Manage TUPE and organisational change programmes
- Be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of payroll and ensuring robust establishment control process is maintained.
- Be responsible and accountable for the establishment control aspects of HR to ensure data accuracy, and be lead approver for request to fill (ETSR) business cases.
- Manage and develop the HR Team to measurable performance standards that are identified and set by yourself as well as analyse data and develop reports; support the design and implementation of HR services being optimised digitally, and enabling the roll out of self serve, and helpdesk capability.
The organisation is seeking a dynamic individual who can demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, energy and a common-sense approach to deliver a range of proactive, robust and future focused generalist HR services that optimises digital technology.
You will require to have visibility and be able to manage an ambitious HR Team to be confident, aspirational and service focussed. Reporting to the Lead HRBP, you will provide advice and guidance to stakeholders and organisation as required. You will have expert knowledge and solid experience of employee relations, data analytics and payroll functions.
You'll contribute towards a culture of high performance, learning and self-development, creating an exciting environment where everyone wants to come to work to do their best. You will have a nurturing style as we build a greater emphasis on values and behaviours across the organisation with the ability to influence and develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the organisation in Scotland.
The successful candidate can be flexibly located; however, you will need to attend the Head Office in Edinburgh when required. You will also be required to travel in Scotland.
- Interim for 6 months
- Home based in Scotland