This role will involve day-to-day general HR duties and the coordination of recruitment and on-boarding processes. In addition, the position will encompass a creative element, supporting with internal and external business communications and the building of content for various platforms.
Our client is The North British Distillery Company, one of Scotland's oldest and largest Scotch grain whisky producers.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Recruitment & Selection
- Overall coordination of the Company's recruitment and selection process.
- Manage the administration of recruitment campaigns, involving internal & external advertising platforms, collating applications and data, corresponding with candidates and assisting managers with the shortlisting and selection process.
- Assisting with the composition and publishing of job adverts and descriptions.
- Liaising with external recruitment agencies.
- Coordination and ownership of the on-boarding process, including pre-employment checks, references, preparing documents and liaising with payroll
- Monitor recruitment & selection data to contribute to HR reports and inform decision making
HR Creation & Communications
- Supporting with the Company's internal/external communications outlets through regular creation, posting and updating content in relation to HR, Wellbeing and recruitment opportunities.
- Drafting relevant and engaging content for communications copy.
- Research/data gathering of relevant HR news and articles for internal & external publication.
- Responding to baseline HR enquiries and referring issues for HR advice as required.
- Create and maintain employee records to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with the HR Advisors and issue employee letters in relation to the employment cycle such as contract changes, extensions and keeping accurate records.
- Coordinate probationary periods through the formal process.
- Support in note taking for formal meetings where required.
- Support in administering the Company Learning Management System.
- Coordinate the appraisal process; assisting with internal communications, ensuring documentation is completed and collating information for HR reports.
- Produce MI reports to measure and track meaningful and appropriate HR Key Performance Indicators.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required in line with the HR Assistant responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Relevant HR experience or qualification
- Intermediate PC Skills: Formula and graphs in Excel, import photographs in PowerPoint, high standard of document production and report writing
- Experience of recruitment and selection procedures
- Experience of computerised HR Systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels
Competencies & Behaviours
- Approachable, creative, enthusiastic, proactive and resilient
- Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and prioritise short and longer term workload
- Ability to achieve targets under pressure whilst managing conflicting priorities
- Patience and diplomacy, with the ability to employ a collaborative approach
- Personal integrity and openness, with absolute commitment to confidentiality and discretion where required
- Professional telephone manner and experience of dealing with service users and suppliers
- Organised with a high level of attention to detail
- Confident, with the ability to gain trust and respect
Competitive Salary + fantastic additional benefits