Oakleaf are supporting a global consultancy with the hiring of a Senior Learning Partner on a 12 month basis, across a service line of approximately 2000 globally.
As a senior learning business partner you will report directly to the Director of Talent & Learning. You will be responsible for leading a small team of learning business partners and acting as the primary interface for your service line. This means developing a deep understanding of your business and acting as a strategic advisor to your service line. You will provide the interlock between centrally provided learning services and solutions, and the specific requirements of your service line via participation in learning governance groups. Your role contributes true value to the bottom line and is recognized as essential for short and long-term strategic business planning.
In this role, you will:
- Provide strategic input to the service line learning plan, acting as a trusted advisor and learning expert
- Play an account management role, developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and a deep understanding of service line specific audiences and business strategy
- Design, develop and deploy learning solutions that will measurably improve performance and experience in ways aligned with the business strategy
- Collaborate with learning centres of excellence and third party vendors in the design, development and delivery of learning solutions
- Act as a performance consultant, enabling the service line to make best use of centrally delivered services & solutions, and creating bespoke solutions as needed
- Understand and drive implementation of a common and aligned service-line specific learning strategy, so as to reflect the business need as well as the learning CoE strategy
- Lead audience analysis and user testing to ensure learning solutions deliver business results
- Lead a small team of business partners to deliver measurable improvement in performance and experience for your service line population
- Build performance consulting methodologies and capability in your team
- As an expert, lead on aligned and common service line projects, and represent your business area as required
- Lead in an inclusive way, building a sense of belonging and supporting the growth of your team.
- Lead the budget process for service line aligned learning activities
Your professional experience
- Experience at senior manager level, with a proven track record in core HR competencies and exposure to the associated risks.
- Adept at communicating, influencing, coaching, educating, challenging and managing senior stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of innovative learning design and delivery methods.
- Familiar with performance consulting methods and theory.
- Strong financial management / commercial acumen.
- Experience of developing digital learning and performance support solutions.
- The ability to translate client business needs into realistic and achievable plans in collaboration with the learning CoEs.
- The ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively, and consult effectively and independently with senior levels of the organization.
- Proven team leadership and management skills and ability to create a high performing, motivating, supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with project management principles.