Head of Organisational Development
Organisational Development (Anchor Hanover)
Job Title: Head of Organisational Development
Location: Home working with travel into our Bradford office
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: 08/11/2021
Are you an Organisational Development professional looking for a hugely rewarding opportunity where you will add value and truly make a difference?
Do you have experience of leading an OD and Change function in a time of change and evolution?
Do you approach organisational change in a positive and productive way?
Are you a values-led leader able to inspire and empower teams to achieve a positive impact?
If the answers are yes, we would really love to hear from you!
Who we are
Anchor are the largest not-for-profit provider in housing and care for older people in England and manage 60,000 homes for people in later life across almost 1,700 sites and operate in over 85% of local councils in England.
In today’s ageing society our housing, care and support is needed more than ever, and our ambition is to transform housing and care so people can have a home where they love living in later life. This means thinking differently, so we can lead the way to create choice and opportunity. We’re incredibly proud of what we do.
Reporting to the Director of HR & OD, your role will be to lead and evolve the Organisational Development function while driving performance improvement through development of colleague and organisational capability. You will support the development of a culture that facilitates growth, development, and sustainability and you will also be responsible for embedding and driving cultural shifts across the organisation.
As an integral part of the HR Leadership Team, you will also hold responsibility for:
- Defining the strategic direction of learning, development and organisational change
- Ensuring effective implementation and evaluation of People and OD Strategies, policies, plans and practices across the business
- Ensuring effective senior leadership development solutions
- Leading a team of dedicated, strong professionals
- Organisational talent management and succession planning
- Ensuring delivery against compliance requirements
- Ensuring performance management evaluation tools are in place
- Leading on cultural evolution in a period of growth and change
- Importantly, encouraging freedom of thought across your team
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- A recognised Learning and Development qualification at level 7 or equivalent (e.g., CIPD) and be a member of CIPD.
- A proven track record of leading strategic change and development to enhance organisational effectiveness
- Previous budget responsibility
- Evidence that you have led organisations through cultural change
- Delivered excellent results with respect to compliance learning.
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our Support Services. While we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the older people who live with us.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
What we offer includes:
- A Competitive salary
- Flexible working from home or Bradford office when required and provision of necessary equipment and support to work from home
- Car allowance
- Pension with matched contributions
- Shoppers Discounts
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement and ability to buy/sell holiday
To find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package please visit: https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/