About the role
This is a 12-month fixed-term position.
As a Senior HR Business Partner for DS Smith's Packaging division in the UK (Retail South cluster), you will provide strong HR leadership, working closely with the leadership team in your cluster. You will have responsibility for five manufacturing sites across the UK, working closely with the General Managers and their teams for each site, maximising and driving delivery plans.
We're looking for someone that can build, foster, and drive a culture of collaboration, partnering, accountability and continuous improvement. You will be a true partner to the business, driving people capabilities and results, ensuring commercial and business engagement from the cluster.
Within the role, you will provide leadership in the following areas working closely with our Talent, Development and Reward leads:
- Workforce planning
- Talent development
- Leadership capability and coaching
- Talent Acquisition
- Data lead decision making
You will provide leadership to the site General Managers and HR teams on change management, employee engagement, advice and coaching on business specific needs and performance issues. To your direct team of HR Business Partners, you will be a mentor and a coach, able to establish development goals and a talent pipeline.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE 100 packaging company that is looking to make a difference, giving you the chance to a make a real impact and drive change.
We can offer a hybrid working pattern with this position, with travel to each of our five manufacturing sites (Clay Cross, Devizes, Fordham, Launceston, Louth) that make up the Retail South Cluster required.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a professional HR qualification (e.g. CIPD)
- Significant experience in HR management positions, managing teams in a fast-paced, multi-site/location environment with a large direct workforce, ideally in manufacturing
- Experience with project management and implementing change processes (e.g. organisation design and selection, HR Information Systems implementation, reorganisations)
- Highly commercial, able to align HR strategy with business objectives and financial drivers
- An excellent communicator, fluent in written and spoken English
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus and car allowance
- Pension and share scheme
- Private medical insurance, life assurance and income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and shopping discounts
DS Smith is a leading provider of sustainable fibre-based packaging worldwide, which is supported by recycling and paper making operations. We play a central role in the value chain across sectors including e-commerce, fast moving consumer goods and industrials.
Through our purpose of 'Redefining Packaging for a Changing World' and our Now and Next sustainability strategy, we are committed to leading the transition to the circular economy, while delivering more circular solutions for our customers and wider society - replacing problem plastics, taking carbon out of supply chains and providing innovative recycling solutions. Our bespoke box-to-box in 14 days model, design capabilities and innovation strategy sits at the heart of this response.
Headquartered in London and a member of the FTSE 100, DS Smith operates in 34 countries employing around 30,000 people and we are a Strategic Partner of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation. Our history can be traced back to the box-making businesses started in the 1940s by the Smith family.