A Financial Services firm (Boutique Investment Bank) seeks a HR Manager (Part-Time) in the City of London to be responsible for all UK HR matters. As well as communicating strategic HR programmes from Europe, you will be responsible for coordinating the UK Talent Retention, Development and Attraction as well as managing any Employee Relations issues and Well-being programmes.
A Financial Services firm (Boutique Investment Bank) based in the City of London.
A HR Manager (Part-Time) to:
- Participate as a member of the team and develop and deliver HR programs in line with business priorities
- Lead UK HR operations to the business as it expands and deliver first-rate client service in managing employee relations including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy, resolving conflicts and providing coaching and guidance to all employees
- Drive continuous improvement and reinforce our long term focus, strategy and culture of teamwork, individual discipline and entrepreneurial mindset
- Benefits: Ensure an efficient and cost-effective benefits packages is in line with the market, the wider business and in the context of attracting and retaining talent
- Compensation: maintain a compensation framework, including bench-marking and monitoring internal equity on a total compensation basis
- Develop and implement initiatives that drive colleague engagement within the business and region and HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Work with business heads, as applicable, to ensure resourcing is aligned to the planned growth of the business. Guide and support where organisational change is required
- Support the business to resource effectively, working to recruit for potential and manage succession planning as necessary
- Manage third part recruitment vendors, fee negotiations, salary benchmarking and interviewing.
Policy and Compliance
- Human Resources Policy: Ensure the implementation of HR policies that provide guidelines for management and self-management to all levels of the organisation whilst maintaining ethical practices as well as compliance within the UK
- Compliance: keep in continuous communication with internal compliance to ensure we are up to date and in line with various legislation and UK regulation requirements.
- HRIS review / recommendation
- Maintain Bamboo HR, Talentsoft packages
- Create and coordinate the on-boarding of all new UK employee and contractors
- Point of contact for management on benefits package
- Implement learning and development policy
- Improve and manage the new joiner and on-boarding process
- Coordinate UK Payroll processing
- Coordinate the UK pension, medical and benefits processing
- Biannual Employee HR policy and handbook review, reflecting any updates proposed from the Europe-based HR Director
A HR Manager (Part-Time) with:
Person Specification and Skills
- Experience of working in a standalone HR role
- Broad generalist HR experience is essential
- Ability to forge working relationships with senior management and influence decisions
- Strong organisational and communication skills required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application
- Superior IT skills in order to support the European IT team to troubleshoot in-house technical difficulties
- CIPD qualified is beneficial
- Past experience of change management
- Self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent grasp of UK employment legislation and its practical application
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, act with diplomacy and demonstrate a high standard of personal integrity
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
Required Security Screening
- ID document check
- Employment history and references
- Academic and professional qualifications
- UK credit and electoral roll check
- Compliance database check
- UK directorship check
- Internet and media search
- UK criminal record standard disclosure check
A competitive 60% of FTE Salary + Benefits based on a 3-day work week.