A leading Financial Services (Development Finance) firm, based in the City of London seeks a HR Operations Associate to report and provide support to the HR Operations and Information Systems Manager, within the Reward & Operations team. The role will work on administering the key HR operations processes including but not limited to those within the annual employee life-cycle and UK immigration & visa requirements.
A leading Financial Services (Development Finance) firm based in the City of London.
A HR Operations Associate to carry out the operational work for the following processes - UK visa/RTW applications and renewals, joiner, mover, leaver processes, and our HR GDPR responsibilities, escalating issues to the HR Operations and Information Systems Manager as appropriate. They will have oversight of implementation of other processes in collaboration with the wider team. The successful candidate will also need to work with our client's HRIS Associate to prepare and release multiple reports to our internal teams and stakeholders, set up documents to enable our client's six-monthly promotion and progression process, maintain accrual files and build reports.
- UK Immigration and Visa processing including liaison with the external immigration advisor to arrange the necessary visa documentation, providing guidance and support to employees, ensuring adherence to Home Office requirements.
- Delivering employee life cycle activities (joiners, probation, movers, leavers).
- Supporting the Head of HR Operations and Systems with process improvements for the wider HR team. This will include creating process maps using Visio and taking minutes of project review meetings.
- Coordinating the development and distribution of promotion and progression communications and documentation.
- Support the Reward Director with communication and documentation as required i.e. annual salary review and the incentive plan
- Working with the HRBP team to support the probation process, including the creation of documentation and accurate record keeping.
- Working alongside the HRIS Associate to create detailed reports for the business and HR team using SelectHR and MS Excel
- Acting in close collaboration with the HR Business Partnering team
- Providing support and coaching to the HR Operations Administrator
- Providing operational support for flexible working requests; attend meetings with the business (alongside HRBP), create paperwork, manage and calculate bank holidays for part-time employees, answer queries from employees and line managers.
- To be a "super user" on SelectHR
- Support on the implementation of new HR systems/system upgrades
- Ensuring excellent management of HR records, ensuring compliance with retention strategy, GDPR and document destruction.
A a strong HR generalist/HR Operations specialist with analytics and reporting experience. We want someone with a passion for accuracy and process improvement, who will enjoy working in a busy team, demonstrates critical thinking in resolving problems and dealing with multiple stakeholders.
Background, skills, aptitude
- Must have appropriate experience of managing UK visa applications and renewals (exposure to the markets our client operates in would be advantageous but not a prerequisite).
- Have suitable HR operations experience, ideally gained in a financial services / professional services / corporate environment
- Experience of managing and mapping process improvements (ideally have used Visio or similar)
- Substantial knowledge of HR policies and processes, employment legislation and HR best practice; with up-to-date employment law knowledge of flexible working rights and process
- Delivers small HR projects over short timescales, utilising project management tools and methodology
- Proficient on MS Word, Excel and other Microsoft programs - these are core systems that will be used on a regular basis. In particular, strong mail merge skills
- Understands how to integrate diversity and inclusion principles into people practices
- Is able to independently draft, amend, and administer employment documentation
- CIPD level 5 or 7 desirable (but not a prerequisite)
- Ideally have supervisory/coaching experience
- Highly numerate
- Have a collaborative attitude, especially in finding solutions to problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a strong attention to detail skills
Competitive Salary and Benefits depending on experience