Oakleaf are support a sucessful Law firm with a brilliant culture, to hire an Early Careers Recruiter into their team. Your role will be to facilitate the smooth running of day to day trainee HR and development matters through efficient execution of operational practices and duties. You will also support the National HR Manager in recruiting high calibre trainees and vacation visitors to the firm, and in particular to run the campus programme and vacation schemes.
- Develop process plan for annual summer and winter vacation schemes and training contract programmes.
- Screen applications
- Manage interviews and assessment centres, post interview consideration and offer process
- Build strong relationships with Associate and Partner interview committee who are responsible for graduate and solicitor apprenticeship programmes.
- Use collated feedback to assist with hiring decisions
- Make verbal training contract offers
- Run vacation schemes (one winter and one summer) with assistance from Early Careers Team.
- Decide on topic/content and attend/present at regular in-house recruitment events
- Have an operational working relationship with event providers to ensure good representation of the firm at joint employer events
- Establish and build relationships with university contacts such as law societies, faculties and careers services to ensure good coverage of the firm's brand
- Maintain a good working knowledge of target university profiles
- Liaise with internal design and print team to create stimulating promotional material and generate content for social media
This is a great opportunity for someone to grow with the role- this firm runs successful programes already but this doesnt mean you can't have your say- they welcome creativity to how to attract the best talent out there and want someone with creative ideas around this!
They are looking for someone with the following attibutes:
- Previous demonstrable experience within HR and graduate market place/higher education landscape
- Working knowledge of HR good practice and employment law
- Strong client focus
- Conscientious with strong attention to detail
- Personable and approachable style in order to communicate well at all levels
- Persuasive and confident
- Works well within a team and work autonomously when needed
- Hard working, using initiative to manage own workload, especially at busy times
- Flexible approach