Pensions Specialist / Worthing / Finance / Payroll
A well known and respected Worthing household brand are seeking a Pensions Specialist on a permanent basis.
As Pensions Specialist you will be responsible for:
1. Develop and implement procedural guidelines to ensure an effective and efficient Pension Administration service is provided and adequately maintained.
2. Provide specialist information, interpretation and expert guidance to managers and staff at all levels on all aspects of the businesses pension Scheme. Notification is made by telephone, e-mail, letter, personally on one to one basis.
3. Keep up to date with all changes to pensions legislation, pension provisions and developments in pensions (including automatic enrolment regulations), and to be aware of the implications on all aspects of employee's pensions.
Obtain information from all relevant sources, DWP, Pensions Legislation, ACAS, other NHS bodies, other pension providers, interpret and incorporate into local procedure guides and ensure changes are communicated effectively to all members of the scheme.
4. Ensure effective liaison and communication is maintained, utilising all available communication methods as required including written responses, (routine, ad-hoc and complex), e-mail, telephone, personal representation, meetings, written and verbal reports. In addition use these methods to effectively liaise with all external bodies including insurance companies, Benefits Agency, DWP, other NHS bodies, other pension providers on all aspects of pensions.
5. Ensure that documentation in respect of the Pension Schemes are maintained in respect of all employees.
6. Ensure the quality of service provided to all employees is maintained at a consistently high level.
7. Ensure compliance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
8. Manage and control the provision of complex and sensitive information in respect of scheme regulations, estimates, additional contributions, service records, application procedures etc., to staff, managers, HR and any other concerned parties, to enable the individual to carry out informed short and long term financial planning, especially with regard to their pension provision.
9. Ensure that pension records initiated are maintained to the required standard, making full use of the reporting suite and system.
10. Deal with Death in Service cases for all employees giving required advice to relatives and managers to ensure the prompt and accurate payment of benefits. Give estimate figures of benefits payable and details of pension options in the event of death to terminally ill staff to enable them to plan accordingly.
11. Provide appropriate responses through the most effective communication method, written, e-mail, etc., to all higher level complex queries that require the exercise of a greater specialist, theoretical knowledge and wider experience of pension legislation. Act as a local resource for expert/specialist knowledge of all aspects of pensions. This will include the analysis of areas such as employee's pensionable service and/or pensionable pay to resolve discrepancies.
12. Use Pensions On Line to provide accurate and timely provision of all estimates, pensionable pay, Additional years/Additional pension illustrations, pensionable service,
Death benefits, contribution levels, effects of individuals planned changes, application processes, injury allowances, leaving the scheme options, schemes regulations, special class status, Mental Health Officers using Pensions on-line, microfiche records and computer based records held on the archive database.
13. Maintain up to date specialist knowledge of all aspects of Payroll to ensure any implications on Pensions are correctly treated.
- Pension qualification
- Computerised pensions systems
- Excellent communication
- Up to date legislation knowledge
- Data protection and confidentiality
£26000-£30000 DOE plus benefits