As the HR Project Manager for this company in Oxford, you will have oversight of all HR projects, initiatives and activities, responsible for bringing them all together and working with the HR Leadership team to implement across the Group businesses.
You will be able to offer extensive experience in managing, planning & delivering projects and programmes preferably in an HR context. You will also hold a formal Project Management certification
Our client in Oxford is a privately-owned diversified international business.
As HR Project Manager, you will be accountable for managing all projects in Group HR that involve a number of stakeholders and interfaces, focuses on the creation of the project vision and planning documents, determining resources and manages the implementation, reporting, and performance of the overall project with the expectation of delivering on time, within budget, and to scope.
The project manager will have oversight of all HR projects, initiatives and activities, responsible for bringing them all together and working with the HR Leadership team to implement across the Group businesses.
What you will be doing?
- Manage multiple HR project deployments.
- Creation and coordination of project documents, working with project members on the delivery of key project milestones and deadlines.
- Design change management approaches for various projects.
- You will drive key project delivery, ensuring key milestones are identified and achieved in a complex and changing environment, working with the broader HR community to ensure the delivery of key project milestones on time and within budget, resource, and policy.
- Proactively manage stakeholder updates and communication of key project achievements.
- Effectively manage escalation of project tasks to internal stakeholders and/or external third-party suppliers.
- Work in line with the HR strategy.
- Leverage subject matter experts' opinions to shape and employ best practice methodology.
- Project Planning - Produce workstream or project plans, ensuring that all activities are identified, and are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives.
- Project Scope Definition - Manage the delivery of research, workshops, and other activities to support the specification and agreement of project deliverables.
- Stakeholder Management - Plan and deliver stakeholder engagement activities to develop effective project working relationships and to ensure that stakeholder needs, and concerns are identified and met.
- Requirements Management - Plan and coordinate the identification, elicitation of requirements, conduct analysis of those requirements for completion and alignment, document and manage requirements throughout the life of the project and coordinate the verification of the end deliverable.
- Project Risk and Issue Management - Identify and evaluate risks, issues, dependencies, and constraints associated with the project, escalating where appropriate. Where necessary, develop, agree on, and implement solutions to overcome these.
- Project Reporting and Review - Draft project review reports and presentations, including key information, commentary, and recommendations to support the review process and enable stakeholders to evaluate progress and agree on change.
- Project Resource Management - Communicates the outcomes needed and direction to achieve outcome, coordinates team actions on project tasks; requests additional team member support when needed; and identifies areas of improvement.
- Continuous Improvement - Review existing operations in own area of work and implement innovation processes to generate new ideas and ensure continuous improvements are delivered.
- Document Preparation - Edit document in line with organisational style guidelines and prepare information for publication.
- Project Close-out and Handover - Provide appropriate documentation and training to enable successful transition to business as usual. Identify and record lessons learned to inform future project activity.
What We are Looking For in an HR Project Manager:
- Previous experience in project management and leading functional change in an HR service delivery environment preferred but not essential.
- Strong organisational and planning skills together with an intelligent, proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to influence and manage stakeholder relationships adapting to change, flexing style, and approach.
- Able to work under pressure to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and vision and identify opportunities for process improvement.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in managing, planning & delivering projects and programmes preferably in an HR context.
- Managed suppliers and vendors to ensure successful project delivery.
- Formal Project Management certification (e.g. PRINCE2; APM; PMI).
- Proven change management skills in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Plans and aligns, balancing stakeholders.
- Manages complexity & conflict.
- Drives for results and action oriented.
- Recognise project risks and opportunities, and take appropriate mitigation actions.
- Analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
- Clear, articulate & effective communication.
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Change Management certification.
- Program Management certification or equivalent experience.
This role offers hybrid working, with presence in the office in central Oxford required each week.
This role offers a range of benefits including 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension, private medical and life assurance.