Policy Update Manager, up to £38k pa, 4 month contract, public sector, Bristol, hybrid working or WFH.
Your new company
Value led government organisation with a great working environment.
Your new role
As the Policy Update Manager, you will responsible for:
- Delivering 4-7 updated policies
- Assess template policies recommend whether these should be used as a basis for new policies within the organisation.
- Source additional best practice policies and include best practice within the new policies.
- Provide analysis between policies.
- Seek input and comments on the policies from Managers and HR
- Listen to differing points of view. Balance requested changes with practical considerations. Ensure key changes agreed are reflected in the new policy.
- Communicating fairly, clearly and in a timely manner with stakeholders and colleagues
- Identifying and managing risk
- Liaise with employment lawyers where appropriate
- Consult or negotiate with the Trade Union on the proposed changes to the policies (with assistance from the Project Manager)
What you'll need to succeed
- Successful delivery of a comparable change initiative. This should include writing new policies, updating existing policies or updating terms and conditions of employment.
- Sound understanding, and extensive use of, HR policies.
- Sound understanding of, and extensive use of, terms and conditions of employment.
- Ability to quickly build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Persuasive communication skills.
- Experience of delivering under pressure.
- Data analysis skills, including experience of reviewing/comparing information, and clear presentation of differences/results.
- Excellent writing ability. Ability to write succinctly and in plain English.
- Strong understanding of issues relating to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong and up-to-date understanding of employment legislation.
- Experience of negotiating change within a unionised organisation
- Experience of updating the following policies: Travel and expenses, Annual leave, Special leave, Job evaluation.
- Understanding of Civil Service Pensions schemes.
- Public sector experience.
- Project management experience.
- HR service management expertise including familiarity with the structures, processes and tasks undertaken by a full HR and Payroll service.
- Membership of the CIPD and/or Masters degree in an HR related discipline.
- Successful delivery of a similar project involving workforce policies improvements.
- Experience and professional & technical expertise
- Changing and improving
- Leading and communicating
- Delivering at pace
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. Option to work from home.
Competitive salary and full range of benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.