Wellbeing and Inclusion Manager, part time, to £46k pa pro rata, 4 mth contract, job share - Mon, Tues & Wed.
Your new company
Large well established and value led organisation.
Your new role
This role is reporting to the HR Director an you will be a job share working 3 days per week, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. A Wellbeing Advisor supports this role, leading the staff wellbeing programme integrating wellbeing into everything this great organisation does. You will partner with your job sharer to lead on all diversity and inclusion matters, ensuring legal compliance with equality legislation and going beyond compliance to promote and encourage a culture of inclusion. Key deliverables include:
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) - You will grow and develop D&I expertise and experience , using a maturity model to embed learning and ownership of D&I initiatives. You will be the driving force behind important D&I priorities f to increase the diversity of our workforce. Grow and develop an inclusive culture and embed best practice within our organisation.
Wellbeing - overall lead for the contracts for Occupational Health and Employee Assistance Programme, lead and inspire a Wellbeing Advisor in your team who has deliverables such as project managing the implementation of the wellbeing offer, leading the network of mental health first aiders and wellbeing champions and managing wellbeing improvements following our staff engagement survey. You will support the Wellbeing Advisor in offering oversight of the Occupational Health Contract and upcoming re-tender. You will also lead on Wellbeing Covid-19 Policy response.
Staff Engagement - You will lead and project manage for biennial staff engagement survey. You will also work with Executive Teams and leaders across the business ensuring that all areas have SMART and inspiring action plans in response to the results. You will also prepare Executive Board updates on staff engagement progress for the Executive Teams, Tier 1 Staff Council (Unions) and Staff Engagement Steering Group. Other responsibilities of this role include management of our legal retainer on all matters related to employment.
What you'll need to succeed
Bristol based, with opportunity to work from home. Limited travel across England with possible overnight stays very occasionally. Some flexibility by agreement.
Person Specification - essential
- Ability to take a pro-active lead at senior level and able to engage effectively at board level on all matters related to wellbeing, diversity, inclusion and staff engagement.
- Success in working at a senior level in a complex, unionised environment with differing stakeholders requirements
- Success in providing first class advice to Board Members, Senior Managers and staff on all matters related to this role.
- Ability to provide professional support and advice on staffing matters related to wellbeing, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to write exceedingly well in a manner that garners interest and support.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high level D&I and wellbeing initiatives with measurable impact.
- Success in leading and inspiring a team.
- Ability to influence staff who do not directly report to you on achieving agreed objectives.
- Up to date knowledge of equality legislation.
- Ability to lead and implement policies, and papers on all matters related to this role.
- Strong data analysis skills, including experience of extraction, analysis, presentation and review. Experience of driving through improvements in areas which require attention.
- Project management expertise including techniques for planning and risk management; and use of project management tools including MS Project.
- Highly developed managerial, and effective and persuasive communication skills; and managing matrix-based teams.
- Experiencing of writing and presenting in an inspiring manner for business wide audiences.
- Degree in a HR, Business or related discipline.
- Fully CIPD qualified (Chartered Member)
- Changing and Improving
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
PensionFlexible working Family friendly benefits Salary advancesSalary exchange benefitsEmployee Assistance Programme
What you'll get in return
Full range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.