HR Assistant - Term Time Only
Your new company
A multi academy trust based in the Lancashire region are seeking a skilled HR Assistant on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. This trust which has a number of very high performing schools and a proven track record of sustained improvement. The core values include traditional academic education, excellent discipline and respect, resulting in improved attainment and progress. "Believe, Achieve, Succeed" has been embraced by all of the schools within the trust.
Your new role
The role of HR Assistant is to provide a high quality, efficient HR service for the school, ensuring that confidentiality and data protection requirements are met at all times. This is a customer focused role to provide effective support across the HR function with particular focus on recruitment, maintaining accurate employee records and operational HR administration.
- To effectively manage the recruitment process including placing and monitoring adverts, responding to communications from candidates, coordinating interviews, compiling and distributing interview packs
- To support interview arrangements on the day, greet candidates and photocopy ID and other documents and oversee any practical tests or assessments
- To carry out pre-employment clearances, follow up references and produce conditional offer letters and contracts
- To ensure all new support staff are issued with appropriate induction documentation and ID badges
- To support the administration of probationary reviews within required timescales ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed and retained on HR files.
- To manage the information required for employee changes to terms and conditions of employment including contract amendments and variations, new starters and leavers, maternity/paternity/adoption and shared parental leave requests and flexible working requests, and provide the required information to the outsourced payroll providers in line with the monthly deadlines.
- To provide administrative support to the school with various casework, e.g. disciplinary, capability, grievance, attendance matters
- To maintain and manage HR records, electronic and paper, with satisfactory security and confidentiality to ensure compliance with GDPR
- To be responsible for maintaining the Single Central Record for the school, ensuring that it is kept up to date at all times
- To oversee and monitor sickness absence, providing all necessary absence reports to the outsourced payroll providers, providers in line with the monthly deadlines.
- To support the SLT with absence management and processing Occupational Health referrals as required
- To complete the annual School Workforce Census
- To update personal knowledge and skills on a continuing basis and take part in relevant development activities
- To support with the Dean Trust Recruitment Day activities
What you'll need to succeed
- GCSE Maths and English at Grades A* - C or equivalent and an A Level qualification or equivalent
- A formal HR qualification or working towards one
- Experience of working in a HR generalist role
- Experience of using HR Systems, inputting data and maintaining systems
- Knowledge of HR policies/employment law, administrative procedures and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of administering the recruitment process
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Thoroughness and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build effective relationships with line managers and employees at all levels
- Experience of working in a school or educational environment is desirable but not essential
What you'll get in return
- 37 hours per week, 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday
- Term time only plus 5 INSET days, including 4 weeks during periods of school closure
- Local Government Pension Scheme - Greater Manchester Pension Fund
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.