Full time temporary admin assistant in central Exeter working for local government - £13ph full time
Your new company
Working for the local government in the centre of Exeter until the end of March 2022.
The role is full time Monday - Friday standard office hours. The role is Hybrid and you would be expected to work from the office 2 days per week.
Pay is £13ph
Your new role
To Assist the HR Support Services Team with the day-to-day running of the function, carrying out a range of Administrative tasks to support the team and business. Some of the day-to-day tasks of the role are below;
- Processing Sickness and Absence details onto our HR and Payroll information system.
- Assisting (at a basic level) with pre-employment checks and on-boarding support for new employees joining the company.
- Assisting with I.D checks for processing DBS Applications for new and existing employees.
- Creating, printing, and distributing ID Access Cards for all new employees.
- Placing job adverts on selection of external websites for the companies vacancies.
- General housekeeping of HR files, sorting and saving records/documents onto employee e-personnel files.
- Updating documents and filing.
- Processing and issuing Eye-Test vouchers for employees.
- Answering general emails and acting as a first-point contact for any of the above related activities from internal employees.
- Any other duties as identified that are reasonable within the team.
- General admin duties
What you'll need to succeed
Candidates should have prior Administrative Assistant experience within a busy team. A high level of communication skills, both verbal and written, is essential, along with good organisational skills. Candidates will need to be confident with their use of IT and a range of Microsoft packages, have strong customer service skills, and a can-do approach. We are looking for the right person who can join the team and get "stuck-in" with assisting the team during one of their busiest times!
What you'll get in return
Excellent basic pay
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.