Responsible for working in partnership with all departments under the supervision of the Head of HR to provide, support, advice, professional, HR knowledge and coaching that enable line managers to comply with relevant legislation and effectively deliver their people plans across the organisation.
Well known brand within Leisure, fantastic opportunity!
* To be an integral support to the management team by developing effective working relationships, influencing, challenging the respective line managers on their personal style and the development and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and overall business strategies.
* Equip respective line managers with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their legal obligations and their departmental plans e.g. employment status, inductions and on-boarding paperwork, performance management, absence management, training, HR administration and record keeping.
* Provide support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives and policies in support of the HR strategy.
* Provide support and advice on Recruitment and Selection processes which includes temporary and permanent roles, including legislative requirements, Company policy, eligibility checks and coaching and supporting line managers to attract the best talent possible.
* Provide advice on change management initiatives, organisational/departmental restructures / job descriptions / outsourcing / TUPE transfers / redundancy situations etc. in order to meet legislative requirements and Company policy objectives.
* Working in partnership with respective line managers to manage employee relations issues within designated departments. Build management responsibility and capability for managing employee relations issues.
* In association with the Head of HR, monitor, interpret and implement all relevant new and revised legislation including developments to policy and procedure, ensuring that significant changes are communicated to colleagues and line management in the most appropriate manner.
* Assist in embedding a performance management culture within designated departments as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviors aligned with our values.
* Contribute to the development of the wider HR strategy in close liaison with the Head of HR.
* Support the business areas with the management development of their people, providing advice, guidance and ad-hoc training on Personal Development Plans and work with the designated departments to establish and introduce systems that identify employees with high potential, develop career paths in consideration of key roles for succession planning and self-development.
* Support the Head of HR with business specific related activities
* Undertake ad hoc project work to address topical issues or impending statutory requirements.
The position requires strong HR generalist experience with an excellent knowledge of HR issues and up to date employment legislation, gained over a minimum of five years. A relevant professional qualification and membership of CIPD is desirable or an HR degree qualification being preferred.
The role requires communicating with colleagues at all levels therefore strong interpersonal and confident communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate must be robust in their approach to deal with strong characters.
Ideal candidate will have worked as part of an HR team but also have the ability to use own initiative, make decisions in conjunction with line management.
Sound knowledge of PC based applications software is essential, including Excel, Word, Office, PowerPoint etc.
- Permanent position
- Based in near Edinburgh centre, hybrid working
- Parking available