Your new company
Hays HR (Private Sector) are recruiting a HR Advisor for our well established and highly successful Manufacturer, based in Cardiff, reporting into the HR Manager, working within a small but impactful HR Team. The role of the HR Advisor is a a key position within the business. You will be fully responsible for delivering a customer focused and pragmatic HR service to support the business in a full range of HR generalist activities and projects to maximise business performance and employee engagement.
Your new role
- To ensure the delivery of effective HR support on a day to day basis working closely with Managers to support ensuring consistent approach providing guidance and support where appropriate on HR generalist matters
- To support, participate or take the lead in HR projects that support the delivery of the HR strategy to maximise workforce performance and engagement
- Preparing management (KPI) information and conduct analysis to support decisions and action planning
- Contribute to the compliance with customer requirements and regular internal and external auditing, such as ethical trading and SEDEX, agency auditing and action appropriately
- Ensure all recruitment is in compliance with Gang Master Licensing Act, and right to work in the UK and other relevant legislation as may be introduced from time to time.
- Ensure immigration controls and Home Office checks are regularly carried out and documented
- To foster the maintenance of a stable employee relations environment promoting effective two-way communication between employees and the business in order to engender commitment and motivation.
- To provide management with the necessary training and development needed in people practices
- To drive the application of the Sickness Absence procedure across the business ensuring that sickness absence targets are met
- To work with the agency representative to proactively manage the agency workers on site to ensure compliance with the Agency Workers Regulations
What you'll need to succeed
- HR generalist with experience in a busy HR team and environment is essential
- Strong experience in the application of HR policy, procedure and best practice
- A good understanding and practical application of employment legislation
- Experience in providing advice, guidance and support to a diverse group of managers on a wide range of issues
- Experience of working on HR projects, in addition to operational work, with the application of project management disciplines
- Maintains personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the role, and participates in appropriate training where needed
Other Role Information
- Be able to communicate confidently and clearly to influence managers to adopt a good practice approach
- Versatile communication style in order to relate to and build positive professional working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent written communication skills to produce succinct and clear correspondence and reports
- Ability to research, analyse and reason logically and effectively to achieve the best solution to project and operational issues
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with issues
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, cope with complex workloads and to be able to deliver to deadlines
- Excellent organisation and planning skills to be able to work in a methodical manner to manage a number of work activities at any one time and re-prioritising when necessary
- Self motivated, driven and results orientated to maximise HR service delivery
- To take ownership for ensuring the Company Values are demonstrated at all times to support the business in working together and achieving business goals
- To prioritise Health and Safety at all times and take responsibility for other people's welfare at work, including colleagues and customers
- The role is required to work 37.5 hours per week, but some flexibility is required in order to achieve the requirements of the role due to the operating hours of the business (24/7)
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary & Benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.