HR Advisor/£30,000 - £32,000
Your new company
Hays HR (Private Sector) are working exclusively with a well established and highly successful Manufacturer in Merthyr Tydfil. Our client are looking to recruit a HR Advisor, to report into a very established and highly accomplished HR Manager. The successful candidate will ensure HR practices and policies are developed and applied. This role is site based. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your HR Generalist skills in a very fast paced environment. This role will endeavour to add huge value to your HR Career to date.
Your new role
- Provide advice and guidance to staff, supervisors and managers on a full range of HR issues, working in accordance with policy, best practice and relevant legislation.
- Provide coaching, education and support business areas on all HR policies, building relationships with employees and key partnership areas in a professional manner
- Supporting the HRM to create a step change in line manager capability, providing coaching and delivering training on people management activities
- Support the implementation of key HR metrics
- Work closely with HR colleagues (payroll and training) to ensure clear communication, alignment and collaboration of both new and existing company policies, processes and procedures
- Absence and general ER matters / case management
- Main point of contact for recruitment and selection, driving recruitment campaigns, screening candidates and supporting key business areas in line with headcount and budget requirements.
- Carrying out pre-screening, literacy and numeracy tests and ensuring compliance to policy and legislation (specifically eligibility / right to work checks), scheduling and completing induction programmes
- Ensure department information is accurate and relevant in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations
What you'll need to succeed
- MCIPD/CIPD or part CIPD qualified is desirable
- HR generalist with experience in a busy HR team and environment is essential
- Strong experience in the application of HR policy, procedure and best practice
- A good understanding and practical application of employment legislation
- Experience in providing advice, guidance and support to a diverse group of managers on a wide range of issues
- Experience of working on HR projects, in addition to operational work, with the application of project management disciplines
- Maintains personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the role, and participates in appropriate training where needed
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary & Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.