HR & Recruitment Administrator/£23,000 - £24,000
Your new company
Hays HR are recruiting a HR & Recruitment Administrator for our client who are Newport based. This role will be based full time on site, reporting into the HR Manager, working alongside Two HR Advisors and One HR Coordinator. As our client approaches a very busy period in their financial calendar, we are looking for a candidate who can really hit the ground running in this incredibly fast paced and exciting business.
Your new role
- Creating and maintaining job adverts on various job boards /social media platforms.
- Screening candidates.
- Creating tailored interview questions.
- Coordinating and carrying out interviews with the hiring manager.
- Creating contracts of employment.
- Arrange any relevant training for new starters.
- Onboarding and updating records. Obtain satisfactory references for all new starters.
- Ensure DBS check is undertaken for all new starters.
- Check in with new starters 3 months into their appointment.
- Check in with hiring manager 3 months into new starters appointment.
- Continually assess ways the business can improve the onboarding experience for new starters across the Group.
- Support with employee relations matters where required such as taking meeting minutes, arranging meetings, preparing related correspondence.
- Coordinating with other departments
- and functions educational and training programs.
- Support with the continual review of our policies and update them where relevant.
- Ensuring all employee records are maintained on our Time & Attendance system and that administration is completed.
- Ensuring that frequent reports are drawn from T&A to enable assistance and support to the HR Advisors when dealing with case work management.
- Produce, monitor and analyse key HR data reports from the relevant excel trackers and systems.
- Continually monitoring and revising HR trackers and systems to ensure information is always correct and up to date.
- Supporting with and facilitating employee engagement initiatives across the Group.
- Responsible for the management of the employee life cycle, including coordinating the probationary review process for all new starters.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be able to communicate confidently and clearly to influence managers to adopt a good practice approach
- Versatile communication style in order to relate to and build positive professional working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent written communication skills to produce succinct and clear correspondence and reports
- Ability to research, analyse and reason logically and effectively to achieve the best solution to project and operational issues
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with issues
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, cope with complex workloads and to be able to deliver to deadlines
- Excellent organisation and planning skills to be able to work in a methodical manner to manage a number of work activities at any one time and re-prioritising when necessary
- Self motivated, driven and results orientated to maximise HR service delivery
- To take ownership for ensuring the Company Values are demonstrated at all times to support the business in working together and achieving business goals
- To prioritise Health and Safety at all times and take responsibility for other people's welfare at work, including colleagues and customers
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary & Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.