Job title: HR Advisor
Job reference: HF00390-HFED
Location: Harris Federation, 4th Floor Norfolk House, Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR0 1LH
The Harris Federation’s Corporate Services HR team are looking for an HR Advisor.
Providing first level generalist HR advice to Federation and Academy managers, this is a varied role and an opportunity to develop your skills and experience working with the HR team in a wide range of areas including employee relations, reward, resourcing and talent development. You will work closely with the Federation Corporate Services teams and with leaders in our primary and secondary academies.
Previous experience in an HR role providing first level HR advice is required along with a professional approach and the ability to build effective working relationships. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about HR and eager to develop in an organisation that is setting standards of excellence in delivering happy and successful education.
The successful candidate will be based at our central office located next to East Croydon station with easy access to London Bridge and Victoria as well as fast access to the M25. Flexibility to travel to academies is required.
The Harris Federation is a leading large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Our Harris primary and secondary academies across London and Essex are making a significant difference to the life chances of young people and our mission is to ensure that every student in a Harris Academy receives an outstanding education. With 51 academies in and around London, over 4,000 staff and 38,000 students, we are a successful and thriving organisation. Our people are at the heart of our success.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Delivery of a first line generalist HR advisory service to the Federation and Academies, providing up to date and informed HR guidance and support on HR policies, processes and systems.
- Escalate complex cases as appropriate to the Head of HR and HR Business Partners.
- Support with organisation development programmes; preparing documents, supporting planning, due diligence completion etc.
- Assist with end-to-end employee lifecycle processes.
- Prepare HR documents and create and maintain templates.
- Produce Management Information reports.
- Evaluate Job Descriptions and provide advice and guidance on salary bandings to ensure a consistent and fair approach.
- Effectively use the e-recruitment system to support a proactive responsive recruitment service for managers.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Work with the Head of HR and HR Business Partners to deliver HR calendar and review cycle activities and support HR initiatives including change management programmes, HR projects, case management etc.
- Undertake HR administrative tasks in support of the wider Team.
- Support the monthly Harris Federation payroll including payroll change processes.
- Assist with Employment Tribunal activities where required.
- Assist with visa, work permit and sponsorship queries, escalating where appropriate and liaising with the HR Advisor responsible for Sponsorship and Visas.
- Completing the annual employee sponsorship review in conjunction with the HR Advisor responsible for Sponsorship and Visas.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- CIPD part qualified or equivalent by experience.
- Experience of providing first line generalist HR advice.
- Good IT skills and knowledge including Microsoft Word and Excel and experience of producing reports and data analysis.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation with the Director.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.