Opportunity to build an HR department
Growing business with exciting 3 to 5 year plan
My client is a well established FMCG business, with a portfolio of products available in all of the major multiples. Having secured new investment, and secured an experienced new MD, the business is ready to implement their ambitious 5 year plan.
The first stage of this involves design and implementation of an HR strategy, leading to building an HR team within the business.
The role will be about the following
- Support change management processes.
- Manage employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Collaborating with other managers in the business, to ensure the smooth running of the company from a people perspective.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them.
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Implement learning and development policy.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Support the recruitment process - this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Carry out new starter inductions.
- Manage talent and succession planning.
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
We are looking for someone who has strong experience as an HR Generalist. Any exposure to Change Management or building an HR team will of course be of more interest.
There is a genuine opportunity to build something for the business, which is an exciting and rare opportunity in the current market.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Experience of building an HR function