Oakleaf are supporting an International Law Firm to hire a Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager to cover a period of maternity, starting in January/ Febraary 2022.
The Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager will manage the end to end recruitment of trainee solicitors, or equivalent within the EMEA offices. This person will be responsible for implementing the strategy for each graduate recruitment cycle, ensuring the quality of the Firm's graduate talent pipeline and building on the Firm's brand to further their position as an employer of choice in the graduate market. This is a fixed-term maternity cover role, with an approximate start date of February 2022.
- Liaising with the graduate recruitment partners, practice group leaders and the Director of Legal Recruitment, EMEA to set strategic targets for graduate recruitment in line with the Global Talent Team's objectives.
- Working with internal marketing teams to devise and deliver an effective overall marketing campaign for the EMEA offices
- Managing the screening process for all recruitment cycles, including Dublin internship and trainee program and the London vacation scheme and trainee program
- Designing and running interviewing and assessment days for all candidates, working with Regional Office Managers to deliver these where needed.
- Planning and delivering cyclical work experience and vacation scheme programmes.
- Working with the Firm's Global Director of Diversity Equality & Inclusion (DE&I) to ensure the ongoing implementation of best in class diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Working closely with the internal Professional Development team and external training providers to facilitate all training requirements
- Working with this team to project manage the implementation of the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and firm approach to the new route to qualification
- Coordinating training and ensuring it is compliant with the relevant regulating body e.g. SRA regulations and requirements.
- Devising and overseeing the co-ordination of the trainee induction
- Promoting regular feedback throughout the rotation duration
- Communicating decisions regarding seat moves and qualification to the trainees.
- Managing the secondment of trainees internationally and to clients.
- Ensuring ongoing communication with and provide pastoral support to the trainees through regular face to face meetings.
- Working with the EMEA HR team, advise on issues involving graduates.
- Managing the annual compensation review process for all trainee and intern programmes
- Reporting annually on overall retention levels and managing strategic targets
Ideally this firm would be looking for someone with similar experience from a Law firm, but will also consider wider Professional services.