Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity.
Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently seeking a HR Advisor who would work closely with the Head Office population and wider HR team to provide effective, timely and professional HR service to key stakeholders and employees.
Working in a small HR team, this role is reporting into the HR Director, Corporate, acting as the first point of contact for employees based at our London Head Office. This role will have a full scope to support end to end with the employee life cycle.
The main areas you will focus on include facilitating and keeping track of Right to Work, on-boarding and induction process for employees as well as overseeing the contract process ensuring data integrity with our HRIS, Workday. You will have the opportunity to support with employee relation matters and assist with the employee lifecycle meetings, managing the administration of these processes when appropriate. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to develop their career as HR generalist, developing into an advisor who can provide expert advice and guidance on Human Resources issues to our Managers
How you will contribute
- Looking after and keeping track of all new joiners and leaver to the business, ensuring the necessary documentation is in received and in line with current legislation including right to work
- Ensure new joiners receive the right equipment on their first day and ensure and all inductions and Hr on-boarding is completed.
- You will be the point of contact for HR related projects disseminated out through Kering and within the house for the Corporate population.
- Being first point of contact for HR queries and ER managing Employee Relations, escalating where necessary and directing as appropriate to the relevant teams.
- You will assist with a whole range of employee relations issues as and when they arise. This includes: contracts, terms and conditions, discrimination, maternity / paternity, dismissal processes, grievances, salary reviews etc.
- You will ensure that all employees details are kept up to date on our people system and ensure that all files are compliant with GDPR.
- Work in partnership with the HR Shared Service to ensure a seamless payroll process; overseeing Overtime and Casual Workers.
Your skills and experience
- Ideally have a CIPD qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience within a HR role essential
- Previous experience with Workday
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Strong attention to details
- Self-Motivated to develop
- Previous experience in a retail environment highly desirable or other fast pace environment
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.