- Opportunity to join a fantastic and fast-growing public sector (government) body
- Permanent role - Competitive salary based on experience
About Our Client
An award-winning government body, set up to transform commercial capability across government. As part of the government's commitment to enhancing commercial expertise across the Civil Service, this body was established to form a single employer for all senior commercial professionals deployed to government departments to lead the most complex and innovative projects. Having grown a team of highly skilled and experienced senior commercial professionals, they are now seeing more and more demand for their services from wider government bodies - and so their Assessment Centre team are growing significantly. Part of the Civil Service and based in the Cabinet Office.
On ADC days:
- Direct the ADC days, observing assessors and participants during exercises, reviewing assessor scores and summary statements.
- Ensuring assessors are following guidance, applying rating scales correctly and ensuring unbiased assessment. This will include providing live feedback to assessors throughout the day where necessary.
- Managing the effective running of moderation meetings at the end of each ADC day, guiding the discussion on each participant, listening to and potentially questioning decisions, assessors' scores and commentary to bolster accurate results and output reports.
After the ADC day:
- Ensuring output reports are an accurate reflection of performance, are of high quality and are produced within 5 working days of the ADC.
- Ensuring quality, detailed feedback conversations are available to both participants and their line managers, where relevant - delivered either face to face or via the phone / video conference.
- Helping candidates consider their development needs based on the ADC output and, where applicable, supporting candidates prepare for panel reviews.
As part of the wider ADC team, you will also aid delivery of training and provide guidance to new assessors joining the programme. You will also assist in a number of ad-hoc events, participant briefings and masterclasses for participants due to attend the ADC or those undertaking a resit.
IMPORTANT - Please Read:
- This role can be based in London, York or Glasgow.
- All offers of employment are subject to a number of pre-employment checks to meet security and personnel requirements.
- The ADC is currently being delivered virtually, but may return to face-to-face delivery dependent on social distancing regulations in the future. Face-to-face delivery will be from their central London location. There may be some travel for Assessment days in regional hubs.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to moderate and deliver feedback (face-to-face) from assessment and development centres or similar. This should include experience of taxing and robust conversations and being able to adapt your style to provide coaching to candidates and assessors at different levels and at different stages of their career.
- Detailed knowledge of assessment and learning & development best practice.
- Working with senior directors - both as part of a team of peers and holding testing conversations.
- Excellent attention to detail in both team environments and in written reports / communication.
-Successful delivery of briefings, workshops or guidance sessions in person or
What's on Offer
Opportunity to join this highly successful and fast-growing government body
Civil Service pension and other entitlements
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPPTJN1120214520105Z
Closing Date: 15/02/2022