A well known global bank are now looking to hire a Business Manager to work in one of their most successful business lines. This role with partner with the Head of HR for the designated business area to plan and deliver against their People strategy. They will also be accountable, in partnership with other HR Transaction Cycles, for the delivery of strategic and cyclical people related projects as well as supplementary reporting of people data to the business and other support functions.
This is a really interesting role and really at the heart of HR for the business group. You could describe this as the engine room or the glue that holds it all together and will require a candidate that has a blend of both skills, experience and personality. Candidates will need large firm experience, ideally Financial Services. Personality wise candidates will need to be tenacious, patient, driven, inquisitive, tolerant and engaging. Experience needed to make this a success will be a strong operations and project management background, strategic and operational HR background and the ability to see things holistically.
- Provide support in shaping and operationalising key strategic HR activity including short to long term planning within and across the team.
- Ongoing management of the Human Capital Forum - ensure relevant and timely updates with regular progress on strategic goals.
- Production of HR deliverables including the Leadership Team and Management Team papers, delivered to a high standard of accuracy and precision as well as appropriate positioning for the audience.
- Collaboration with other colleagues on production of materials for HofHR to present to senior business stakeholders / forums.
- Drive and facilitate decision making by the Head of HR through planned and unplanned activity - move seamlessly from strategic thinking to managing tactical issues.
- Provide support on cross business projects as required, such as talent and Future Ways of Working.
- Support HofHR on ad-hoc strategic deliverables: assessing problem statements; developing a recommendation; socialising plan and executing delivery.
- Manage HRBP team governance e.g. team meetings, communications, deadline management etc.
- Interlock between HRBP and other HR TCs to ensure the 'client voice' is present in planning and execution of cyclical and ad hoc projects.
- Ensure seamless management of cyclical processes by ensuring appropriate resource coverage and guidance to both the junior BM and partnering HR TCs.
- Escalation and resolution point for risks and issues raised as part of project planning or delivery.
- Represent the business line across the HR function on key projects - build relationships across the function, supporting functions and the business.
- Ensure that the BM team are working within Group standards and in partnership with the People Analytics & Culture TC.
- Design and define parameters for reporting solutions to meet specific business problems, in partnership with the relevant HR TCs and supporting Functions.
- Upskill HRBP awareness and utilisation of systemic reporting solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring the Head of HR is briefed on the status of the control environment at regular intervals and ahead of key meetings.
- Partner with relevant HR TCs and supporting functions to ensure appropriate governance in place to provide the Head of HR with relevant detail associated with emerging risks or ongoing risks pertinent to their business area and / or team.
- Previous HRBP experience within a large, matrixed organisation - preferably Financial Services.
- Strong personal credibility with the ability to build trusted relationships with senior managers in order to influence decision making.
- Experience of managing a global and wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deliver through others at scale and within a fast paced and highly matrixed organisational construct.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to anticipate needs and balance big picture with attention to detail.
- Strong written & verbal communication & presentation --ability to distil information into key messages and deliver succinctly.
- Strong team player with experience in line management.
- Experience providing high quality service
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to manage high volumes of work while delivering consistency accurate and high quality output.
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity and making decisions.