Director of Welfare - IMMEDIATE START - Hybrid Working - Wirral Based - Full time Mon - Fri 09.00am - 17.00pm
Your new company
My client is seeking a professional Director of Welfare to join their team on a permanent basis
Based on the Wirral my Client is a registered charity offering a range of specialist services and support. They also provide residential care and nursing care, as well as short breaks and respite care. The charity offers the opportunity for the people in their care to live independently surrounded by like minded neighbours and with access to a full range of support services.
Your new role
The position is being offered as full time Monday - Friday 09.00am - 17,00pm and a hybrid model is in place. Working from the offices based on the Wirral x 3 days per week and the remainder from home.
You will be leading the Union's Welfare Cluster in delivering services and benefits to members and be responsible for the delivery of welfare services to the eligible beneficiaries of the Union's registered Charity.
Some of your duties will include but not limited to
- Direct and manage the work and resources of the Charity to include the recruitment and development of staff and coordination of welfare activities.
- Day to day operational responsibility for the new welfare accommodation and Union office project commencing in 2022.
- Act as the Secretary to the Charity and a committee of the Council
- Contribute to the development of the Union's Strategic Plan and ensure its effective implementation.
- Ensuring that the Welfare Cluster Plan and objectives align to the achievement of the overall Strategic Plan.
- Overall responsibility for all statutory issues.
- Manage the operational function of the Charity - the Estate, the Care Home and the Domiciliary Supporting People Services.
- Act as the Responsible Individual for the Care Quality Commission registered services.
- Manage the Charity's staff including the Registered Care Home Manager, Estate Manager and the Grants Administrator.
- Support the development and monitoring of the Charity's annual budget and the financial planning and budgetary requirements of the Union.
- Determine the awarding of any grant allocated to beneficiaries.
- Manage the Case Workers outreach programme.
- Ensure that welfare services are effectively promoted and published to ensure maximum influence.
- Prepare reports for and presentation to the Council on all welfare matters and attend the Council meetings as required by the General Secretary.
- Represent both the Charity and the Union at external organisations as directed by the General Secretary, in conjunction with other departments.
- Contribute to the wider welfare strategies within the sector and work closely with the Charities Group.
- Working with other welfare organizations develop funding opportunities.
- Support the activities of other departments including the provision of resources where required including attendance at meetings.
- Ensure adherence to the Union and the Charity's policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct, and policy on Mutual Respect and Equal Opportunities.
- Ensure effective career progression of staff, continued organisational and staff personal development and two-way communications towards maintaining IIP Accreditation.
- Ensure that the Charity keeps up to date with all statutory developments.
- Perform any other duty as directed by the General Secretary.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum educated to degree level or equivalent.
- 5 years' experience as a Senior Manager in the not for profit/welfare sector.
- Strong budgeting, generation of finance and promotional skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence successfully at all levels.
- Experience of managing across a complex organisation with outstanding leadership skills, able to motivate and manage diverse teams to deliver change and great service.
- The ability to develop and deliver a strategic vision
What you'll get in return
Excellent working environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.