Responsible for providing HR services and policy administration relating to all phases of human resource activity. This position supports and partners with leaders across the EMEAA Organisation.
A rapidly expanding US owned ride-on machinery manufacturer with a manufacturing and operations base in Oxford.
· Understand the business issues, priorities and ensure that HR is supportive of all business decisions involving its people, providing a balanced, evaluated advice and guidance.
· Ensure that the Management Team understand, buy into and own the people issues within the business and drive improvements and changes.
· Provide coaching to Manager and Supervisors in relation to change management and communication, act as point of support to both Employees and the Organisation through periods of change.
· Drive change in relation to HR strategy, ensuring that long-term goals are in line with the strategic vision of the Organisation.
· Create the applicable strategic vision for the HR Department and put in place the appropriate plans, goals and KPI's to measure progress against the vision and change.
· Partner with management to develop staffing strategies for current and future needs; plan and direct activities of staff related to sourcing qualified applicants, screening candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, administering tests, checking backgrounds and references and evaluating overall qualifications; determines internet and other strategies for recruiting qualified candidates.
· Consider cost of recruitment and ensure that the Organisation are recruiting in a variety of ways in order to minimise (as far as possible) the financial implication.
· Understand how the Organisation is perceived in the marketplace and the challenges facing the Organisation and implement plans to mitigate the risk.
· Coordinates activities related to employee recruitment to include completing job postings, scheduling and conducting interviews and assisting with offers to fill open positions
· New starter HR induction / Handbook / Forms.
Accountability and Performance
· Create a culture of accountability and provide managers with the confidence and knowledge to successfully manage their teams.
· Ensure the performance management structure is adhered to and that it utilises tools available and active within the Organisation while ensuring it is fit for the future.
· Manage employee relations cases such as; redundancy, disciplinary, grievance, ill-health etc.
· Advise the Organisation and Senior Management Team on options available in relation to managing the employees, provide clear risk options and make strong recommendations for action.
· Establish and agree the correct KPI measures to monitor the effectiveness of the HR Department.
· Ensure that there is common policy applied across the companies' European offices.
- Keeps abreast of legislation affecting human resources; trains management and monitors company policies to ensure compliance.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures. Responds to inquiries regarding these policies and procedures.
- Uses knowledge of human resource functions to ensure policies, procedures and reporting are compliant and consistently applied.
- Approves terminations, and exercises care that reasons are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory.
Organisational Design and Development
- Continually review the business structure with the Senior Management Team and implement changes as required, ensuring that the structure matches the needs of the business and is focused on the future.
An all round HR Generalist who is passionate about forging a strong HR function and supporting a rapidly expanding manufacturing business.
The successful candidate will have recent experience of, and a passion for:
Recruitment - direct and liaising with agencies
Training and Development
Benefits and Reward
Being part of a SLT
A brand ambassador for HR.
37. hour week (8.45 - 17.00)
Hybrid working, 3 days a week in the office.
25 day holiday plus BH
Bonus co performance related (last year 1k)
Parking on site