Payroll Team Leader - £35,000 - £40,000- Croydon
Oakleaf Partnership have been exclusively instructed to recruit a Payroll Team Leader on behalf of a leading Accountancy firm located in Croydon.
This role will play a vital part in the day-to-day operations of the team and act as a strong 2nd in command to the Head of Payroll.
- Process payrolls accurately and timely as per timesheets / instructions received from clients
- Manage excel timesheets, gross pay calculation, holiday statements and maintain BACS payment schedules
- Ensure pay rate changes, loan and statutory deductions are done accurately and promptly
- Apply current HMRC's rules and follow the procedures set up at each and every step of the payroll process
- Client's deadlines are always met
- Ensure confidentiality and high level of professionalism while dealing with employee's sensitive and personal information
- Attend phone calls and carry out general administrative duties
- Visit new and existing clients to set up, review the payroll procedures, maintain service levels and good relationship
- Provide wage cost information and journals to clients and our accounting team regularly
- Ensure auto enrolment assessment is carried out accurately, update opt-outs and process pension refunds
- Filing RTI returns and uploading pension files
- Reconcile net wages, PAYE with HMRC and ensure PAYE and other statutory payments by the due dates
- Checking/Updating BACS validations and preparing BACS payments, reconciliation, and reports
- Strong UK Payroll knowledge.
- Exposure to working in a payroll Bureau/ accountancy firm
- Strong excel knowledge
- Strong relationship builder.