HR Advisor - South Yorkshire / Doncaster - circa £26000 to £30000 DOE and qualifications plus great benefits
HR / People Advisor - South Yorkshire / Doncaster - circa £26000 to £30000 DOE and qualifications plus great benefits
Your new company
This is a warehouse / logistics site in Doncaster - part of a large group - as the HR/People Advisor in Human Resources - reporting to the Site HR Business Partner/Manager.
Your new role
You will provide an effective HR service for a large and busy 24/7 operational site with circa 500 staff. You will be part of a tight knit and collaborative team of 3 covering all aspects of Human Resources, Employee Relations and Industrial Relations - supporting a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that all contract objectives are achieved and maintained through the performance of people. You will also work and liaise closely with the site Trade Union on site
- Responsible for delivering a high-quality professional HR service to all on site
- A passion for coaching and supporting Managers in delivering the policies and procedures in line with site agreements and current legislation
- Advising, supporting and guiding Managers in investigations, conducting related disciplinaries, appeals and all family friendly procedures, such as maternity, paternity, parental leave, flexible working to mention but a few
- Management of long-term absence cases
- Deliver excellence by supporting the recruitment process from start-to-finish including assisting and coaching Managers throughout the process
- Produce / assist in producing HR Statistics and KPIs on a weekly / monthly basis
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships
- Producing and maintaining accurate reports and records for all HR issues
- Contributing towards the improvement of processes and methods of operating practices within the site to benefit our customer
- Support Trade Union engagement and building effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Involvement with promoting Employee Engagement & Wellbeing initiatives
- General HR administration
This is a great opportunity for a HR Assistant or Advisor with HR/ER experience to work in a changing and proactive environment - with a HR Manager who will coach, support and mentor you in your career.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful applicant will have experience of operational HR - ideally from a warehouse/logistics background - or suitably equivalent blue/white collar mix environment.
Trade Union experience is beneficial.
Ideally you will be CIPD Level 3 Qualified as a minimum.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, circa £29k DOE and qualifications
The role is site based - although there is some flexibility to periodically work from home/flexibly.
37.5 hours a week - between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday - to "catch" shift patterns Managers.
More than standard holidays - 25 per annum plus Bank Holidays - plus ability to "purchase" more
Share incentive plan
Cycle to work scheme
Employee benefits online discount platform
Onsite parking Onsite canteen and much more!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.