Making a real impact for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in national health care.
NEW Role made to combat inequalities and barriers to accessing health care.
The employer is a National health care provider based in Leeds. The role will be based from home until January, then moving to a hybrid working model. The health care service provider is looking for a passionate and experienced individual to join the organisation in this brand new role to tackle inequality and promote inclusion. The unique nature of the role means working with external equality, diversity and inclusion research and change programmes. This will include with within the wider community.
Unique opportunity to work with an organisation in the health sector. Leading on health and social care research, and delivering change in response to external events. As the D&I Manager you will pilot and deliver the vision of making access to national health care inclusive, combating complex health and care challenges of the future. You will be engaging with patients, carers and public to improve the reach of the services. Effectively promoting good relationship and practices.
The key responsibility of the D&I Manager;
- Working with the wider community delving into their experience of national health care
- Research, apply and promote diversity initiatives and share best practice
- Oversight and project management of diversity and inclusion strategy
- Provide advice, guidance and support on equality and diversity issues
- Collaborating with all areas of the organisation to pilot change initiative and change projects
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Supporting diversity networks ensuring that all groups have a voice in the organisation, and creating positive
- Internal networking withing the organisations and external in the community
- Delivering programmes, training, workshops and conferences
- Required to work flexibly withing the organisation
- Required to manage change in response to external events and new policies
- Flexibility and the ability to work across all levels and meet changing requirements
- Occasional travel to attend meetings, deliver training and work with communities
In order to be successful for the role of D&I Manager:
- Educated to degree level or hold experience working in diversity and inclusion
- Extensive knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusion, best practices and UK legislation
- Understanding of the Equality 2010 Act
- Experience of developing and implementing EDI initiatives in practical ways
- Experience in successfully delivering projects or change initiatives within the area of diversity and inclusion
- Delivery of D&I strategy
- Salary of £40,000- 45,000 paid via PAYE day rate
- Working from home/ hybrid working
- Initial 4-6 month contract with potential permanent contract
- Leeds based