12 month FTC - ER Advisor - Award Winning Business
You will be working for an award winning business. The overview of the role is to provide advice, support and guidance to managers through the provision and delivery of high quality, modern effective HR services. To maintain active, effective links with a range of stakeholders both internal and external who seek support from our HR service. To ensure that the HR service provides innovative solutions with associated risks identified.
Your new role
- To support managers in effective management of Employee Relations cases, or example, sickness absence, disciplinary and grievances, performance improvement, including the organising and participating in case conferences and the arrangement for formal review meetings and hearings, where appropriate.
- Advise, train and coach line managers in the effective application of HR policies and procedures to enable them to understand and deliver good people management practices and ensuring consistent and fair decisions.
- To ensure that employees are identified for re-deployment and supported through the process and effectively managed.
- To assist client line managers in the development and monitoring of HR policies for the clients to ensure they remain fit for purpose and in line with organisational goals and business strategy.
- Develop line manager technical skills, knowledge and confidence to enable them to lead in all areas of people management activity, including recruitment, disciplinary, absence and performance management.
- To provide development support to other HR team members to ensure ER information is shared and understood by the people in the wider HR team.
- To contribute to the production of business plans and HR strategies for the Organisation and Stakeholders.
- To provide advice and guidance on equality and diversity issues to line managers.
- Work with and build constructive relationships with relevant Trade Unions.
- Support the L& D team with the design and delivery of workshops to managers on HR topics & People Management Development workshops, such as Performance Improvement, Management Appraisals, Sick Absence Management, Workplace Investigation.
- To be responsible for specific HR projects, as defined by Exec and stakeholders in accordance with Corporate objectives and the People Plan.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have experience of working at an ER Advisor level in a complex, challenging environment. Good working knowledge of UK employment legislation. The ability to work across organisational boundaries and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Experience of work in a unionised environment. A risk/solutions-based approach to problem solving. Must be able to travel between locations as and when required to attend ER meetings.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.