This great European company are looking for an HR Advisor to join their growing team at their new site near Cambridge. This role will be the first point of contact for HR related matters, providing support and guidance to management and employees throughout the business, offering career progression and a great working environment
This Permanent HR Advisor role is to join a growing team at our new production site near Cambridge. This role will be the first point of contact for HR related matters, providing support and guidance to management and employees throughout the business. A great employer with a European Head office and great support structure to give individuals career progression
Reporting directly into the HR Director, this will be a generalist role encompassing all aspects of HR, including resourcing, employee relations, L&D and assisting with HR projects.
HR Advisor duties and responsibilities;
- Undertake all recruitment administration, including drafting job adverts, reviewing applications, arranging and attending interviews.
- Manage the onboarding process, including issuing offer paperwork and co-ordinating induction.
- Liaise with recruitment agencies for short-term requirements and for permanent vacancies.
- Monitor levels of sickness absence and maintain up-to-date records for reporting requirements.
- Ensure that return to works are undertaken in a timely manner and offer support/assistance to line manager or employee where appropriate.
- Support line managers on absence, conduct and capability matters, including investigations, hearings and appeals.
- Manage the training portal ensuring that all mandatory training is undertaken.
- Co-ordinate the appraisal process and arrange developmental training where required.
- Maintain training matrices in conjunction with departmental line managers.
- Assist with HR projects where required.
- Liaise with payroll in relation to new starters, leavers and changes.
- Maintenance of HR systems and general HR administration.
The successful HR Advisor should have:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar Human Resources and personnel focused role
- CIPD qualified (minimum Level 5);
- Working knowledge of UK Employment Law;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels of management;
- Strong influencing skills with ability to constructively challenge where appropriate;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to travel to other sites in the UK, with the possibility of occasional overseas travel;
- Ability to work autonomously whilst ensuring key stakeholders are updated on progress against objectives.
For this permanent opportunity based in Cambridge within the companies Human resources and Personnel function. In addition to a competitive package, there are also development and career progression opportunities on offer.