HRBP, perm, Bristol, up to £51k pa +bens, perm, full/part time, hybrid up to 60% WFH,
Your new company
Well established yet developing public sector organisation and which is energetic and forward-looking. They pride themselves on employing skilled, committed people who care about delivering effectively. They care about supporting and developing their staff. Is a place where life is never dull and opportunities are immeasurable. They have high ambitions, and we offer big opportunities for their people to get involved in bringing those dreams to life. They're proud of their people, their culture and the benefits they offer.
Your new role
In this role, you will be working with Directors and their leadership team/s to influence a focus on people issues and enable the delivery of people solutions that address risk and enhance performance and business outcomes. You will influence and challenge to help shape business direction and achieve outcomes whilst acting as an intelligent customer to inform the HR workplan. You will have the opportunity to lead and work on projects on an end-to-end basis and have insight into a range of HR activity including casework, policy and processes.
- Business Partner Directors and their leadership team to deliver business outcomes, providing lead HR input into key cross-cutting strategic business projects/forums
- Build and maintain high level business knowledge, including understanding internal and external conditions that affect business culture, delivery and performance
- Act as a change champion across departments, to help the business become increasingly agile, flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Coach business leaders to understand, assess and improve the capability and capacity of their team and which factors impact on their ability to deliver business outcomes
- Ensure business leaders understand the drivers of employee engagement and the relationship between employee engagement and business performance
- Support the business to devise strategies for a range of people focused activities, underpinned by professional expertise, including workforce planning, organisational design, resourcing, talent management and leadership development.
- Use HR analytics and business insights, performance and informal feedback to identify and address the relationship between employee engagement and business performance
- Build relationships
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable experience of giving strategic advice with at least 2 years' experience of business partnering senior managers.
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to translate and use complex and sensitive information to support business discussions and strategic direction.
- Commitment to CPD
- Proven ability to deliver projects which are based on systemic approaches
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile way, flexing to manage a range of priorities, some of which may be conflicting
- Ability to provide communication with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
- Ability to respect the needs, responses and opinions of others, and anticipate concerns.
- Proven ability to build quality relationships with your customers, establishing rapport and credibility and acting as a trusted critical friend.
- Demonstrate a coaching led approach and the ability to work collaboratively
- Proven ability to influence, challenge and partner at a senior leadership level
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to valuing and respecting the diversity of others.
- CIPD level 6 qualification desirable
- Public or third sector experience desirable
- Experience of working with TU desirable
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. Plus you can work from home to 60% if you prefer.
We are open to candidates on either a full or part time basis. This role can be hybrid working - c60% work from home if preferred. Inside and outside of work, employees all have different passions, responsibilities and motivations. And life can change rapidly. That's why they've designed a benefits package that works for everyone and supports, whatever's happening in your life, when it's happening so their reward package covers both the financial and non-financial benefits:
- Learning and development: From dedicated development days to mentoring and shadowing opportunities etc.
- Holiday allowance: Holiday entitlement starts at 25 days per year and rises to 30 after five years' service, plus generous public holiday leave on top of this
- Maternity/adoption/paternity leave: Help you put family first with occupational maternity pay in excess of statutory, and generous paternity and adoption leave
- Pension scheme:highly regarded Civil Service pension scheme
- Flexible working: Will do their best to find an arrangement that works for everyone and many work flexibly, part-time or in job shares
- On-site facilities: If you prefer walking, cycling or even running to work, showers and lockers are provided
- Hybrid working: Following the coronavirus pandemic, they're developing and trialling a new hybrid working framework. Currently staff work to up to work 60 per cent of their contracted time remotely (away from the office), and up to 30 per cent of their working hours outside core hours 0900-1700
- Equipment for working at home: Introduced an equipment policy to support hybrid working. We want to ensure we provide employees with the right equipment in the right location so they can carry out their role effectively, and to ensure that our legal responsibilities are met.
- And there's more...you'll also enjoy other benefits, including free eye tests and flu jabs, and a staff social club who subsidise activities such as theatre trips and days out.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.