Human Resources Advisor - Manchester
INTERIM ROLE - Fixed Term Contract role
*You will need to be on a short notice period to be considered for this role*
Oakleaf are proud to be partnering with a global law firm in their search for a HR Advisor to join their HR team. Within the team they have specialist teams in Resourcing, Graduate Recruitment and Management, Learning and Development, Systems and MI and Reward.
The purpose of the HR Advisor role is to provide dedicated support to the HR Business Partners and their fee earner departments (client groups) and manage the day to day operational issues that arise. The HR Advisor will work with the HR Business Partners and their client groups to design and deliver effective HR solutions.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Advising and supporting Partners, Managers and employees on policies and procedures.
- Leading on low level ER cases and supporting the HRBP on more complex cases e.g. performance, occupational health, disciplinary, grievances, DSARs
- Conducting new joiner catch up meetings and exit interviews and escalating findings where appropriate
- Carrying out end of probation review meetings, monitoring probation periods including follow up performance reviews and managing termination meetings where necessary.
- Assisting the HR Business Partners with restructures, consultation, and redundancy procedures.
- Absence Management - proactively monitoring absence levels, dealing with long term sickness, preparing occupational health referrals, and liaising with Benefits team regarding Group Income Protection claims.
- Producing monthly and adhoc MI and analytics for the team and assisting with and coordinating HR projects.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience working at an advisor level, ideally gained in a professional services environment.
- An understanding of current employment Law, particularly regarding practical application in dealing with employee relation issues.
- Good experience of HR databases and advanced user of Excel with the ability to manipulate and analyse data with evidence of strong project management and/or organisational skills.
- Graduate or equivalent and ideally CIPD qualified or working towards qualification.
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced professional environment with excellent attention to detail.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply now!