HR Business Partner
- 6-12 Month FTC
- £40,000 - £44,000k
- Full time role
- Flexible working
- Immediate Start
We have a great opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner. This is a 6 - 12 month FTC. The role is with a well-regarded Education trust. As part of a central HR team, you will be involved in the complete breadth of HR activity working with a variety of stakeholders to deliver a HR provision which is highly valued by its academies and the Trust. Within a busy environment you will support the delivery of the HR annual plan and achievement of the Trust's People Strategy, whilst ensuring the Trust and its academies meet legislative, policy and procedural compliance.
The role responsibilities will include:
- Provide and lead a team in accordance with Trust's vision, including role modelling great personal and team leadership and taking an active role in ensuring the HR Operating Model is embedded successfully.
- Work closely with the Head of HR and other senior colleagues to ensure that tools and policies are aligned, enhance employee engagement, and ultimately improve performance.
- Coach and build the capability of senior managers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational issues.
- Participate in relevant projects, leading and championing as appropriate.
- Continuously drive improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, insight, and internal best practice.
- Provision of a professional high-quality HR provision, delivering general HR advice, guidance, and solutions on a broad range of human resource issues, interpreting, and advising on employee relations, including complex cases, terms and conditions policies and procedures and employment legislation in line with Trust policy and procedures. This will include ensuring investigations are carried out robustly and timely, and when appropriate, supporting academies at formal meetings. Discretion will be required when advising on appropriate outcomes for which critical judgement is required.
- Working with the Trust's HR academy contacts, ensure all aspects of staff correspondence and HR administration is carried out as required, adapting templates, or writing letters as and when appropriate, to ensure accuracy, statutory compliance and alignment with Trust policy and procedures. Ensure that the team prepare contracts of employment and terms and conditions, taking into consideration transfers under TUPE, collective agreements, contractual clauses, and current case law.
- In liaison with academies and in a timely manner, prepare and review job profiles, advise on the content of job profiles and support the evaluation and moderation process in line with the Trust's Job Evaluation Scheme to ensure all posts are remunerated in a fair and transparent manner.
- Provide high level advice and solutions on recruitment, ensuring the Trust's requirements are fully embedded within the academies' practice. Support the Head of HR with recruitment fairs and Senior Leader recruitment.
- Develop strong and positive working relationships with academy staff to promote the importance of HR to whole school improvement.
- Contribute to the achievement and delivery of the Trust's People Strategy and HR Delivery Plan, supporting the Head of HR as required.
- As directed by the Head of HR, take key responsibility for, specific HR activities or projects.
- In collaboration with the Head of HR produce and deliver HR workshops to a range of audience within a school and contribute to regular HR Meetings and communications, to enhance school knowledge, accuracy, and confidence in managing HR issues.
- Contribute to the achievement of equality and diversity and employee wellbeing.
- CIPD Level 7 is essential
- Evidence of continuing professional development relevant to the requirements of the role.
- Current working knowledge of employment legislation, HR best practice and it's practical application.
- Extensive knowledge of key ER policies and procedures with an ability to provide clear, supportive and legislatively compliant guidance and advice.
- Experience of effectively providing information, advice, and guidance across a range of HR activities to non-specialists that enables effective management of employee issues
- A natural team player who is people focused, professional, resilient and with a flexible approach to work aware of the need to be confidential and sensitive to the needs of a diverse range of people and enable the delivery of the HR provision and People Strategy.