This HR Advisor role is based with a national leading employer who operate within the Logistics Distribution and supply chain arena with a number of exciting contracts that they manage. This new HR Team has a supportive HR Manager who is looking to mentor a HR professional through a HR Advisor role with great progression prospects on offer,
This HR Advisor role is to join a redesigned HR team at their Milton Keynes office on a permanent basis. This role will be the first point of contact for HR related matters, providing support and guidance to management and employees throughout the business. A great employer with a site based operation you would have ownership of when ready and great support structure to give individuals career progression
Reporting directly into the HR Manager , this will be a generalist role encompassing all aspects of HR, including employee relations, L&D and assisting with HR projects.
HR Advisor duties and responsibilities;
- Support on complex ER Cases
- Assist on HR Projects around employee engagement
- Manage the onboarding process, including issuing offer paperwork and co-ordinating induction.
- Monitor levels of sickness absence and maintain up-to-date records for reporting requirements.
- Ensure that return to works are undertaken in a timely manner and offer support/assistance to line manager or employee where appropriate.
- Support line managers on absence, conduct and capability matters, including investigations, hearings and appeals.
- Manage the training portal ensuring that all mandatory training is undertaken.
- Co-ordinate the appraisal process and arrange developmental training where required.
- Maintain training matrices in conjunction with departmental line managers.
- Assist with HR projects where required.
- Liaise with payroll in relation to new starters, leavers and changes.
- Maintenance of HR systems and general HR administration.
The successful HR Advisor should have:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar HR focused role with some ER exposure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels of management;
- Strong influencing skills with ability to constructively challenge where appropriate;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work autonomously whilst ensuring key stakeholders are updated on progress against objectives
For this permanent opportunity based in Milton Keynes within the companies Human resources and Personnel function. In addition to a competitive package, there are also development and career progression opportunities on offer.