HR Business Partner x2 (1 x full time and 1 x part time)
£46,410 - £54,600
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning and in 2020 we set out our vision to save everyone. We’re looking for an HR Business Partner to join our HR Business Partner Team within our People Department. We want our people to love being part of the RNLI and the HR Business Partners play a key role supporting defined business areas to achieve their goals through their People in line with our strategic plans.
Our HR Business Partners are embedded within specific business areas supporting Departments and their respective Senior Leadership Teams. You will be tasked with focusing on the following areas:
- Owning the relationship between the Senior Leadership Teams and the wider People Department - working strategically with senior management to develop and progress creative and innovative people management solutions in order to achieve business objectives, manage risk and maximise opportunities
- Planning and delivering the strategic people service to the business in line with the RNLI Strategy
- Responsible for taking the lead on high profile and future focussed issues, supporting Leadership Teams through significant periods of organisational change
- Developing a People Plan that focusses the Senior Leadership Team in driving sustainable improvements on areas including Workforce Planning, Engagement, Wellbeing, Inclusion & Diversity, Talent Management and Succession Planning – ensuring that we spend our donors’ money wisely
You’ll be a natural collaborator with the ability to build effective relationships and influence at the most senior levels. You will enjoy balancing potentially conflicting priorities, identifying risk and with the credibility and experience to challenge constructively and offer pragmatic solutions.
To be considered as the HR Business Partner you will need:
- Substantial experience working with and influencing at Senior Leadership and Director level
- Excellent collaboration skills – working as part of a wider team of HR Professionals as well as Finance and Business Planning Partners
- Strong HR Policy and Employment Law skills balanced with current thinking and experience of implementing best practice
- The ability to work at pace and a resilient self-starter
- Experience in the provision of pro-active and customer centric advice, balancing consistency of approach and decision making with pragmatic commercially focussed solutions
- Delivery focussed and able to demonstrate putting the customer at the heart of the experience
So, as an HR Professional who wants to join Our Crew and play a key role in a fantastic organisation with ambitious plans this could be the role for you. Please apply via the button shown.
Temporary home working
Due to current circumstances, you may be working from home when your role commences. You will be given the correct equipment you need to perform in your role. You will also receive support from your manager and colleagues to ensure a smooth and consistent induction process is delivered. You may also be required to work from your dedicated RNLI asset once the government guidelines change. If you have any queries relating to home or office-based working, please do not hesitate to ask questions at the interview/assessment stage.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment and have a zero tolerance approach to proven incidents of bullying, abuse, harassment or exploitation. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting; International, International Child Protection Certificate process).
Diversity at the RNLI
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards Our Vision: To save everyone.
The closing date for this role is 24th January 2022
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.