Senior Reward Specialist £46/60k based in Essex
Your new company
A Reward Specialist is required for an international Financial Service organisation based in Essex. Reporting to the Reward Manager you will develop and install the remuneration policies to support the strategic priorities of the business. Collaboration in this role is key to successfully harmonising and delivering the pay philosophy. The role will partner with the HR team and the European total Rewards team. In addition, the role will work alongside the HR Managers to deliver compensation programmes across all European locations. The role will also interface with the global Total Rewards team.You will be relied upon as a subject matter expert for the total Rewards offering, through a sound understanding of its pay policies and practices whilst adhering to the regulatory framework the business operates in.
Your new role
- Partner with the HR teams across all European locations on matters relating to compensation, benefits and job grading.
- Partner with the Total Rewards team on compensation and benefit related matters, including mandate development for European pay negotiations and benefit design changes.
- Partner with local payroll and shared services teams to ensure accurate and timely pay for employees.
- Lead the corporate compensation cycle for the European general salaried population and first line Management, working alongside the total Rewards team.
- Manage the Rewards program, a first-in-class recognition programme for all employees.
- Manage and refine benefit programmes in the UK and European operations, both financial and non-financial
- Manage and support the bonus programmes, ensuring timely pay-outs and annual updates to the bonus schemes.
- Analyse and make strategic recommendations on discretionary pay awards and promotions using the HR databases and reporting tools.
- Lead on projects such as the UK Gender Pay reporting
- Conduct research and provide timely advice to the Total Rewards Manager on regulatory developments on remuneration matters.
- Lead regulatory reporting in respect of remuneration in partnership with the Total Rewards Manager.
- Support as appropriate on joint HR projects as and when necessary
What you'll need to succeed
This position would suit a HR professional with experience in compensation methodology and systems and an interest in developing their career in the compensation/rewards specialism. You will have strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills, and the ability to effectively communicate complex processes with clarity.
- Degree required. CIPD qualification highly desirable.
- Compensation and Benefits ("Total Rewards") experience required
- Experience of regulatory remuneration requirements in the banking industry desirable, but not essential
- Strong process discipline and IT literacy - advanced Excel skills are essential
- Experience of Korn Ferry and/or McLagan job evaluation would be beneficial but not essential
- Relevant professional HR experience
- Strong analytical capability with excellent attention to detail, enjoys working with numbers and statistics
- Ability to handle sensitive employee data with care and integrity
- Ability and confidence to present at all levels - for example Board meetings, 1:1 with CEO, FCE All Employee Meetings.
- Ability to deliver training is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective in working collaboratively as part of a diverse European/global team
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of £46/60K depending on experience. This role is an excellent development opportunity.
Hybrid working with part of the week being office based and part home based. Working hours are 37.5 hours a week. 26 days annual leave & Bank holidays. Pension, gym membership, onsite parking, commitment to personal development / funding for professional study.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.