HR Business Partner
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits, including 16% on target bonus up to 32%, 10% pension, private medical insurance + much more!
Wythall, Birmingham B47 6WG
We support hybrid and flexible ways of working and would welcome discussion on how we can enable you to thrive in your role. There may be a requirement to meet, engage and collaborate with team members or stakeholders at our offices for business purposes at particular times which would be discussed with you.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creative and inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our customers and clients.
As one of the UK’s Top Employers we’ve brought together businesses with long, successful histories and many strengths. More than ever, people need help and guidance from a company which is simple to deal and who they trust. And that’s where you come in!
We’re currently recruiting for a HR Business Partner to join our HR Business Partnering team to provide professional expertise and consultancy, in one or a number of disciplines, to maximise the value people can bring to achieving the organisation's objectives.
This HR Business Partnering role will be supporting functions within the Heritage Division at a time of significant change. This is a great opportunity to work as a genuine partner to business leaders within Heritage and to make a real difference to the delivery of the people agenda.
- Provide expert consultancy, at a multi-disciplinary or deep specialist level, to support and enable successful delivery of business unit plans.
- Use technical knowledge, skills and experience to influence stakeholders and leadership teams in line with the people strategy, governing policies, legislation and appropriate regulation.
- Use data, metrics and other information to develop insight to identify opportunities for improvement and develop proposals that bring about positive change, reinforcing and underpinning business objectives.
- Diagnose issues and develop proposals that facilitate the achievement of local area and organisation goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with managers up to and including executive level and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure advice and recommendations are relevant, informed, sustainable and commercially viable.
- Support the management of change through engagement activity, sharing intended benefits and outcomes, strong stakeholder management and effective communication.
- Works within people strategy to develop local plans and framework with the autonomy to drive delivery at local business area level
- Diagnosing the underlying issues that need tackled so that these, rather than the symptoms, can be addressed within a complex and changing working environment.
- Influencing leadership behaviour and securing real commitment and demonstrable support for initiatives.
- Understanding the business and the forward view to the extent that opportunities identified, and proposals developed will help deliver business objectives.
What We’re Looking For
- HR Business Partnering experience and a track record of supporting a broad stakeholder group
- A team player who can work successfully in a matrix structure to provide a comprehensive HR service to your partner area.
- Confidence to communicate and influence effectively at a senior management level.
- Ability to quickly make a positive impact by understanding our corporate strategy and effectively partner/build relationships with our senior managers in the business to develop the HR strategy
- Previous experience of working with senior managers to design and support the implementation of operating model and structural changes and working processes which align with the strategic aims and requirements of the business. TUPE experience preferable.
- The capability to juggle significant concepts and priorities simultaneously
- An ability to inspire, influence and persuade others and ability to overcome barriers.
- A track record of managing and delivering change programmes while maintaining colleague engagement.
- An ability to monitor, analyse and interpret core KPI’s and performance indicators to ensure targets are achieved.
- A passion to ensure that Phoenix is the best place that any of us have ever worked.
What We Offer
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’re a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It’s our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people’s stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
Interviews and Onboarding
As we begin to open up our office doors and move into our hybrid way of working our interviews can be held either remotely or in one of our office locations. You will be told in advance how and where this will take place. All of our Onboarding is managed remotely with the exception in obtaining your right to work documents. If you are successful in the role we will require you to visit your new office ahead of joining with us. This will be managed and organised by the hiring manager or nominated person.
We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We’ve businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Closing Date: 31st January 2022