The HR Assistant will be responsible for providing a comprehensive support service to the Senior HR Officer, and undertaking a number of key HR duties including, being a first point of call for HR related queries, assisting with ER matters including disciplinaries and grievances, full employee life cycle, and absence management.
Following a demerger in 2003, our client are now the UK's largest specialist debt recovery firm.
They are now looking for a HR Assistant to join them on a full time, permanent basis to provide support to the senior HR Officer.
The successful HR Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and support to line managers and employees on all HR related matters
- Providing assistance in employee relations issues including disciplinaries and grievances
- Producing correspondence in regard to employee changes (i.e. leavers, probationary reviews, promotions, hours changes, maternity leave etc)
- Undertaking all relevant new starter pre-employment checks using Experian (references, DBS, ID verification)
- Assisting in the processing of the monthly payroll and subsequent activities i.e. pension submissions
- Supporting the Senior HR Officer in the implementation of any ad-hoc HR related projects
- Administering the recruitment process - dealing with candidates and recruitment agencies
- Preparing offer packs for employment
- Ensuring all sickness absence is accurately recorded and return to work documentation completed accordingly
The successful HR Assistant will have:
- Experience in a busy, generalist HR role
- Experience in a professional services environment would advantageous but not essential
- Competent use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to liaise confidently with people at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
Full time & permanent role + £22-25,000 + Hybrid Working + 25 days holiday (plus BH) + Private Medical Insurance + Flexible Benefits Portal