Payroll Team Leader / Chichester / Payroll / Accountancy
A leading Chichester based client are seeking a Payroll Team Leader on a permanent full time basis.
As Payroll Team Leader you will be responsible for:
● Support the planning, prioritising and allocation of all relevant client payroll work within own
and teams clients
● Conduct payroll processing during peak times, delegate client work during periods of normal
● Review all payroll processing work of team for accuracy and completeness prior to issuing to
● Escalate more complex payroll areas and queries from self and team that require Manager
assistance and input
● Ensure payroll processing log is completed
● Ensure payroll action log is completed
● Ensure scope, timeline and budget for client payroll work is agreed with Manager and other SL
stakeholders (where relevant) including clear communication with other team members whose
input may be required
● Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and
internal stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
● Review BACS accounts and ensure Direct Debits are accurate and up to date
● Quarterly review of client work, identify any examples where costs have exceeded agreed
fees. Create a summary and discuss with Manager to agree on a fee recovery plan.
● Support write offs and agree to reruns of payrolls if requested and appropriate
● Support queries on bills and WIP reviews and support queries relating to WIP write offs and
agreeing whether reruns are required
● Contribute to timely and accurate billing to clients
● Ensure sign off and authorisation of documents and returns is completed by a partner/director
● Understand - Be curious, ask more and listen. Put yourself in the other person's shoes.
● Look Ahead - Anticipate the future, plan for it, and embrace the benefits of change.
● Make it Personal - Adapt to others' needs, flex your style to get the best outcome for every
● Be Crystal Clear - Consult others, give helpful feedback; ensure people know what's going on,
and how it impacts on them.
● Be Human - Invest time in building strong relationships, have a positive 'can do' attitude and help
others to grow.
Salary = DOE + benefits