Part Time HR Advisor
Your new company
A progressive, developing and fast paced organisation are now looking for a temporary Human Resources Specialist to cover a period of maternity leave. The successful candidate will join the HR team at a very exciting time as they transition to being part of new group of a highly successful organisation. Working 30 hours a week (over four or five days), the ideal candidate will have proven transactional, generalist HR experience and will be responsible for delivering professional advice and providing robust support to their Head Office/Corporate partners.
Your new role
- Being the main point of contact for employee relations queries, supporting Management as part of a Business Partnering Approach in conjunction with the UK HR Director
- Advising, supporting and guiding Managers/Supervisors/Team Leaders on all HR aspects of their operations to support the functional area, including performance management, conduct, absence management and resourcing.
- Working in partnership with Managers and Team Leaders to identify and implement pragmatic solutions to a range of people and business issues, ensuring they are commercially viable as well as in line with employment law and HR best practice.
- Developing and maintaining open communications and good and productive relationships with the relevant mangers, team leaders and other people within the business to ensure that HR activity is understood and supported and to minimise employee relations issues.
- Supporting HR/business initiatives such as change and transformation, including consultation and redundancy
- Providing support to the HR Specialist for Operations in their absence
Administration and Technology
- Managing and owning own administration
- Having shared ownership and maintenance of UK HR Inbox
- Maintenance of employee personnel files on the HR drive and our HR system - Oracle
- Health Managing short term and long-term sickness absences for Corporate/Head Office team members including carrying out welfare calls and utilising occupational health where necessary
- Supporting Management and providing ADHOC advice where required
- Actively promoting our EAP programme to Management and Team Members to support Health and Wellbeing
- Production of new hire documentation for Corporate staff.
- Working in partnership with Hiring Managers to understand requirement, knowledge and people specification for vacant positions.
- Creating and posting job adverts for varying levels of team members across a range of Head Office departments.Carrying out first line interviews for call centre staff, and arranging interviews with Supervisors/Team Leaders/Managers etc.
- Additional recruitment support as required.
- Supporting our EU Training Manager in identifying training needs and development across our Corporate operations.
- Working with Line Managers on ensuring team members have completed mandatory internal company training.
- Working within HR team to drive delivery of HR solutions where required in support of the achievement of business goals.
- Contribute proactively towards the development of a best practice people culture across the business.
- Ability to engender trust and support and to interact with people across the business at various levels.
- Applicants should have an in depth knowledge of employment law, HR best practices and procedures as well as previous generalist in a similar role. Candidates with a CIPD level 5/7 are highly desirable but we are also open in welcoming applications from candidates that have a minimum CIPD level 3, however these applicants must have the demonstrable generalist experience as mentioned.
What you'll get in return
In turn, the successful candidate can expect to take advantage a range of benefits including:
- Privilege program/Employee discount
- Competitive salary of £25 - £27k which is the pro rata amount for a 30 hour working week, dependent on experience
- Referral programme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note that whilst the organisation offices are based on the outskirts of Lancaster City Centre, the team members continue to work remotely on a temporary basis. Applicants must be happy and comfortable to work remotely for the foreseeable whilst being within a commutable distance of the office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.