Oakleaf Partnership are currently recruiting for a People and Development Manager for this leading Legal Consultancy based in the heart of London. As a business, they work with several clients to provide a range of services within the legal field. This role will dedicate support to one of their key clients, working directly with them on their resourcing strategy and broad HR support to the legal contractors.
The role will be varied and will cover a range of responsibilities including recruitment, onboarding, day to day care as well as delivering on a strategic agenda including L&D plans, events and other interesting projects.
Key elements of the role include:
* Working closely with the Managed Services and People & Development teams to deliver P&D operations for all lawyers, paralegals and non-legal staff working for their key client. Ensuring they receive service excellence and innovation from within the P&D team.
* Ensuring you always have the right levels of resource within that account. Thinking proactively about the likely future demand and ensuring you have talent pipelines aligned to those requirements. This will involve tailoring their hiring processes and selection criteria to reflect the diversity of roles and skillsets required.
* Partnering with the delivery managers for that account to support them on best practice HR and P&D elements. You'll be focused on ensuring that people have a positive experience, so they achieve a high level of retention.
* A proactive plan of events and other ideas specific to that client to ensure they are bringing together the working community and providing them with development and networking opportunity.
With such an innovative client involved, you'll have a big opportunity to think more creatively about how they deliver the P&D part of their service there. This will then define their offering to other clients for the future.
This is a superb opportunity for someone with a recruitment background who has some exposure and a keen interest in broadening their skillset into HR.
Requirements for the role:
* Ideally have some understanding of the legal or other professional services sector
* Ideally have a good understanding of recruitment and HR (Recruitment background with HR experience preferred)
* Be experienced in engaging with technology, the internet and social media in a business context.
* Be creative and open-minded yet not afraid of using data and processes
* Be mindful of the 'softer' approach required for sales in a professional services context but not afraid to suggest new and unconventional ways of approaching things