We have a current opportunity for a Resource Manager or Senior Manager on a permanent basis. The Resource Manager will support teams across a flagship practice in the London office of a global law firm and report to the divisional COO.This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to bring their expertise and apply it within a firm where the work allocation function is rapidly growing, with the opportunity to shape and establish this role based on their experience.
- Play an integral part in implementing and supporting the delivery of work allocation process, building and maintaining tools
- Creating and maintaining a skills matrix for each new joiner
- Forecasting, planning and day-to-day deployment of lawyers to matters, balancing the needs of the business with the development needs of the individual.
- Involvement in talent management, liaising with the HR and leadership teams, to discuss individual performance and development.
- Involvment in projects that are designed to improve the efficiency and agility of the firm.
- Monitoring utilisation for all fee earners on a weekly basis, highlighting potential under/over utilisation
- Championing the use of alternative resources including utilising support at other offices or the firm's additional business lines
- Maintaining information on staff movements between offices, monitoring of joiners, leavers, maternity etc. and holiday tracking.
- Challenge requests appropriately and manage potential resource escalations
- Data analysis and reporting of forecasted capacity, utilisation, resource availability, and skill sets.
- Significant proven experience within a work allocation/resource management role, ideally from within a professional services or large corporate environment.
- They could also be a Lawyer looking for a secondment opportunity or change of career direction.
- Experice of large scale or complex resource allocations liaising with international offices and internal teams as appropriate
- Commercial and risk focussed with good operational business acumen
- Anticipates resourcing issues and provides solutions ahead of time
- Ability to influence resource management through presentation of information that is timely and informative
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver quality outputs, to tight deadlines, and to communicate competing demands effectively.