L&D Advisor/Caerphilly/up to £32,000
Your new company
Hays HR are working in partnership to recruit a Learning & Development Advisor for our well respected and trusted Financial Services client based on the outskirts of Cardiff. Reporting into the Learning & Development Manager, working within the wider HR Team. This role is part of a well establish L&D Team for our client. You will support the learning and development of new and existing employees by equipping them with the knowledge and skills to carry out their work activities effectively. This will cover all elements of the Learning Cycle, including learning needs analysis, design, development and evaluation of learning solutions targeted at addressing business need. You will work closely with experts from the business to develop learning solutions, communications, support plans and innovative solutions. This role offers a lot of development opportunity for those seeking a varied career in L&D, as this role covers the full range of inducting new joiners, supporting the successful running of our regulatory programme and designing and delivering talent and leadership programmes.
Your new role
- Identify, design and deliver training and development programmes, working with business areas to support learning needs
- Maintain the well-established regulatory training programme, ensuring all financial services statutory requirements are met
- Co-ordinate the development and delivery of new joiner induction programmes for all new employees
- Identify learning and development needs within the business through role analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and human resources department
- Evaluate learning interventions through continuous monitoring and review using models such as the Kirkpatrick Model
- Design, create materials and deliver in house training courses, e-learning courses
- Prepare regular compliance reports to present to management
- Support with the design and delivery of Talent Programmes, including Leadership programmes that are relevant to the roles in place at Link.
- Work with managers to devise individual learning plans for those employees what have been identified as underperforming
- Maintain accurate records for all learning and development activity and ensure that non-attendance is addressed with the relevant department managers
- Identify and maintain relationship with external suppliers to assist with the delivery of L&D interventions
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven L&D experience in a professional services environment (essential)
- Experience in designing, managing and delivering training and development interventions and Talent/Leadership programmes
- Knowledge of training needs analysis principles, best practice evaluation techniques.
- CIPD/TAP qualified or other relevant training qualification (desirable)
- Experience of operating in a regulatory environment (desirable)
- Strong Microsoft Office applications capability (Excel, PowerPoint) at least intermediate level
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop solutions to problems
- Loves change and improvement with a focus on always wanting to push the L&D agenda forward
- Fantastic attention to detail is a must to ensure the training developed meets the needs of the business and delivered to a high standard
- A strong relationship builder as there is a daily need to work with business areas and employees at all levels
- A 'can do attitude' with no obstacle or problem too big to ensure things get done
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to present information
- Very organised to be able to deliver results against a busy timetable of learning programmes
- Ability to focus on results through planning ahead, managing expectations and solving problems
- Shows flexibility and the willingness to get involved in a range of projects and initiatives across the team and business
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary & Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.