The HR Administrator is the first point of contact for providing basic advice to line managers and employees on policies and processes e.g. absence queries, recruitment and on-boarding process
A well-known Charity.
The key responsibilities of the HR Administrator in Hampton are:
Employee life cycle
- First point of contact for recruitment queries from applicants and line managers.
- Placing adverts on the website, social media channels and with other external providers i.e. NHS Jobs, Together for Short Lives
- Managing the applicant journey through the My HR (IRIS Cascade) system ensuring timely communication with applicants following shortlisting, interview stages and issuing offers of employment, to ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Arranging interview dates & times and ensuring line managers and candidates are informed and supplied with the correct information. Stepping in as a panel member in the HR Officer's absence where appropriate
- Collating all on-boarding documentation for new starters by administering the On-boarding workflow in My HR. This will include ensuring all candidates have a right to work in the UK, issuing contracts of employment and bank offers, obtaining references, administering the on-line Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and health clearance checks and obtaining professional registrations (where required) prior to an employee's start date
- Ensuring other resource such as honorary contracts and student placements are processed correctly including safeguarding checks * Providing support with administering maternity, paternity and adoption leave, flexible working requests, contractual changes and secondments, producing relevant correspondence and maintaining My HR.
- Assisting the HR Team with note taking, meeting attendance or other HR issues as required
- Ensuring employees accurately record absences in My HR and the relevant absence management documentation is issued and returned in the system
- Monitoring employee Bradford Factor scores and highlighting scores reaching the relevant thresholds to the HR Officer in line with the Absence Management policy
- Liaising with payroll to ensure all changes of terms and conditions, one-off payments, new starters and leavers are processed before the payroll cut-off date
- Managing the leaver administration process including producing acceptance of resignation letters, finalising annual leave balances, coordinating exit interviews and closing the My HR record.
- Managing the central HR team and Jobs email inboxes, responding to or escalating to the relevant HR team member where necessary
- Ensuring accuracy of information entered into My HR (IRIS Cascade) and that manual and computerised data is managed within the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Coordinating right to work, professional registration and DBS renewals in accordance with policy and escalate exceptions immediately to the HR Officer
- Keeping up to date with employment law, data protection and all other HR related legislation for own CPD
- Playing a key part in ensuring the HR function is compliant with CQC requirements and adheres to organisation policy and procedure.
- Taking an active involvement in the development of the My HR system including processes, templates, procedures, communications and therefore contribute to the development and continual improvement of the system
- Identifying and escalating efficiencies to the HR Officer and taking ownership of the implementation of solutions where appropriate
- Be a super-user for My HR, ensuring a high level of dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Be responsible for prioritising own workload, ensuring the effective delivery of business as usual as well as responding to unplanned work
- Working collaboratively with the HR Volunteers supporting the team
- Undertaking any other duty as reasonably required to support the HR team
The successful HR Administrator in Hampton will need:
- Educated to A level standard as a minimum, or equivalent
- Strong administration skills
- Experience in HR/recruitment administration role with knowledge of HR & recruitment processes and practices
- Experience of using and maintaining an HR database, ideally Iris Cascade
- Experience of producing accurate employment/contractual documentation and correspondence
- An excellent of understanding of Microsoft Office Applications, including Word and Excel and to pull reports from databases
- Experience of taking minutes in formal meetings
- A good communicator who enjoys communicating with people face to face, on the phone or on video calls and via email, as you'll be one of the first points of contact of HR
- Ability to prioritise workload, time management and dealing with conflicting priorities and multiple demands
- Show an appropriate level of emotional intelligence and resilience
On offer for the successful candidate:
- 22.5 to 25 hours per week, preferably over 5 days however would consider flexibility
- £24,000 - £26,000 full time equivalent