People & Culture Manager
City of London
£65,000 - £85,000
I have exclusively partnered with a boutique Property Investment firm that hold offices across Germany, Spain & UK, and are now searching for their first HR hire. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident, proactive, conscientious, and experienced generalist HR professional to join a forward-thinking firm. This will be a standalone role and will manage the day to day of people matters (HR operations & administration). You will need to hold prior experience in Learning & Development and Talent Management to positively impact the population. This is a critical hire for the business, this will enable this individual to work closely with senior management to design, implement and continuously review people processes, policies, and practices.
- Work to strengthen the engagement between employees, their work, and the company strategy so that they can make a greater contribution towards achievement of organisational objectives.
- Independently manage all HR administration covering the full employee lifecycle from recruitment and onboarding to exit.
- Manage the relationship with our external vendors, such as local employment counsel, recruitment partners
- Provide advice, coaching and support to our people managers in dealing with employee relations issues across all locations, including managing absence, conduct and capability issues, grievances and sickness.
- Champion the development of a positive and productive company culture, ensuring all people practices support and align with our cultural ambitions
- Take ownership of the full recruitment cycle, including developing job descriptions and posting advertisements, to briefing agencies, and carrying out the selection activities.
- Build effective relationships with managers, providing advice, support, and guidance which meets local employment laws and ensures HR best practice is applied within our workplace
- Undertake analysis across the business to help managers identify skills gaps in their teams and assist them in finding solutions to bridge those gaps, including relevant training and development initiatives.
- Build a suitable competency framework for our organisation and assist with career path mapping to create development and progression opportunities internally.
- Coordinate and provide administration for the annual performance review process.
- Arrange company events such as annual ski trips, summer and Christmas parties and other business and social gatherings.
- Keep up to date with employment law and related regulations, partnering with lawyers and other experts to ensure we are compliant at all times with our obligations.
- Sole point of contact for all People (HR) related queries.
- Assist with other ad hoc activities and projects, as required.
- Solid HR experience across the key disciplines, with a particular expertise in talent acquisition, learning, leadership & talent development and employee relations
- Experience of working closely with managers at all levels, influencing, coaching and advising on all people issues and providing support for change initiatives
- Excellent relationship building skills and comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation - able to quickly build trust and credibility
- Discreet and tactful demeanour; able to act and react appropriately to sensitive situations
- Approachable character, with a focus on delivering a professional customer experience
- Flexible attitude - ability to prioritise and adapt to constantly shifting priorities
- Highly organised, able to work autonomously and proactively
- A diligent and conscientious worker with a high level of attention to detail and a strong work ethic, with a hands-on approach to duties
- Ability to influence organisational culture and act as a strong role model for the company's values.
- Financial Services experience preferred, ideally within a smaller organisation
- Ability to travel internationally, sometimes at short notice
- Events administration and management experience is desirable
- A professional HR qualification is desirable but not essential
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, preferably with Spanish language skills (but not essential)