HR Business Partner
London or Milton Keynes
£60,000 - £70,000 + car allowance
I have partnered with a large and well-known Retail Bank in their search for a HR Business Partner to join their proactive, engaging & friendly Business Partnering team. This role would look after the corporate functions client base which would be split 50/50 with another HR Business Partner, with the successful candidate supporting approx.. 600 employees. It is pivotal that the HR Business Partner makes longstanding relationships with stakeholders & CoE's to ensure all people related opportunities, challenges and risks are delivered.
- Promotes and encourages good culture and behaviours personally and across the Team
- Identifies, assesses, manages and reports risks, taking proactive personal responsibility for 'doing the right thing' in compliance with regulatory requirements and our frameworks and policies.
- Progresses specific actions that could minimise or mitigate risks identified (e.g. conduct risk, operational risk, credit risk etc.) and ensures 100% completion of mandatory training and any other role specific training required.
- Supports business / functional areas in complex disciplinary and grievance (via relationship with relevant HR areas) and ensures key Business Stakeholders and Senior HR Business Partners are informed as cases progress.
- Proactively works with key Business Stakeholders to monitor key KPIs such as absence and attrition for Business area - supporting through relevant HR area business activity to address the issue.
- Acts as first point of contact for the Business area/s for any potential people related risks and will ensure any known risks are managed as appropriate.
- Partners with key stakeholders and builds trust and confidence with the business areas to support delivery of the people agenda.
- Works collaboratively across the HR function to ensure that all solutions are appropriate for the business and market context.
- Engages with our Union colleagues and participates in Union meetings as needed.
- Encourages learning and personal development through the management of knowledge base across the team or coaching of more junior colleagues as required.
- Understands the external context in which the firm operates; participates in external networks and uses network to enhance HR function.
- Shares internal and external insights to raise awareness of current and anticipated opportunities, challenges and risks to inform current and future people related decisions and activity.
- Works with Peers, Senior HR Business Partners and AOEs to deliver the people agenda aligned to the Bank HR strategy.
- Supports the development of wider HR capability to ensure an enhanced colleague experience.
- Works with Business areas to fully engage with strategic HR agenda. Ensures stakeholders understand the associated activity and are clear on their own and their team's accountabilities for delivering and embedding it.
- Has a general overview of each CoE's, the key deliverables and oversight of how these links to ensure a joined up approach in business areas.
- Sound understanding of the business area(s) it supports, including business targets, operating models and regulatory landscape.
- Ability to analyse data and make appropriate recommendations for action.
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders building trust and confidence across both the HR function and the business to deliver the HR priorities.
- Experience of managing and influencing people issues, identifying a range of solution meeting business expectations.
- Ability to work collaboratively, providing constructive challenge on content of solutions, to drive best practices and support team delivery.
- Sound written communication skills and the ability to convey complex topics in a simple, engaging way.