Senior Employment Counsel
Global FinTech Organisation
£90,000 - £100,000
My client are a global FinTech business headquartered in the City. They are looking for a Senior Employment Counsel to support the UK, EMEA and APAC. The business is looking for an experienced UK or European-qualified employment counsel to work on employment legal matters for by providing advice and counsel to the Employee Relations and HR community globally, working as part of a small team and reporting to the Global Head of Employment Legal.
- Advise internal clients and, where relevant, act as escalation point for ER on full range of employment-related issues including, but not limited to, recruitment, diversity, compensation and remuneration, employee classification, discipline, absence management, performance management, grievances, harassment & bullying, discrimination, breach of contract and Code of Conduct claims, and internal investigations.
- Draft, review and update employment documentation including employment agreements and settlement agreements.
- Advise on employment policies and monitor changes in legislation, regulation and guidelines, in order to remain compliant with all applicable laws and regulations, including providing training and case law updates to ER/HR and other business units, as appropriate.
- Advise ER on requests from, and interactions with, Employee Forums, Trade Unions, and Works Councils, including review of any shared materials and communications.
- Provide guidance on litigation/claims, including selection and oversight of external counsel, advise on risk management strategy including settlement negotiations, supporting witnesses and business managers through the process.
- Advise on issues related to workforce change, including TUPE, redundancy programmes and employee exits, including drafting complex termination letters / notices, executive settlement agreements and negotiating with employees' lawyers.
- Provide support for M&A transactions, outsourcing and other commercial transactions.
- Significant post-qualification experience in a UK or European jurisdiction.
- International employment law experience preferred but not essential.
- Both in-house and law firm experience preferred but not essential.
- Experience of M&A transactions preferred but not essential.
- Detailed legal and regulatory knowledge and expertise of employment law.
- Working knowledge of share schemes and pensions desirable.
- Experience of providing expert legal advice and counsel to stakeholders on a wide range of legal and policy issues.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in order to identify and resolve legal issues.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Highly-developed organisational skills; ability to prioritise large and diverse workload; and detail-oriented.