Your new company
A leading food processing company based across the UK have approached Hays seeking a skilled Recruitment Partner to join their developing organisation based in Preston. There are 12 sites across the UK and Northern Ireland with over 4,000 employees. This newly created role will support the Preston site who are close to 800 employees and will take responsibility of developing a true talent/recruitment strategy.
Your new role
This is a brand-new position reporting into the Site HR Manager, responsible for sourcing and recruiting all roles from front line production roles through to professional and technical roles. There'll be an element of autonomy with you bringing your experience and strategic know how so as to ensure the best candidate experience.
The main duties
You'll plan and effectively communicate with all managers to understand the resource requirements in order to deliver a bespoke site recruitment service whilst working within the parameters ensuring company policies on equality and diversity are implemented.
You'll be the reporting line for all communication relating to recruitment.
You'll be the direct and only liaison between the Site and all external partners including labour providers, job centres, & training providers.
You'll manage the approved attraction strategy and assigned budget.
You'll be responsible for the pre-check and on-boarding of new hires, linking into to the wider teams within HR such as payroll.
Create a be-spoke recruitment strategy for Preston ensuring a clear understanding of unskilled and skilled requirements collate data to ensure current challenges of the site/industry are available for review
Liaise with key local partners to understand labour availability, quality and cost in the Preston area i.e. local competitors/job centres/colleges/social media/linked-in etc
Reduce the sites reliance on agency labour and provide a stream of local recruits into the business
Close liaison with managers and the planning team to understand the business versus staff requirements to allow for critical/peak production times
Work with Group HR functions to ensure Preston recruitment processes follow the statutory guidance in relation to right to work and the onboarding of potential employees under the new immigration system post 2021
Support the development and implementation of the Groups new recruitment system.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll come from a background which is both hands on and high volume and you'll be comfortable managing all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle from attraction, planning recruitment campaigns, assessment and interviewing through to onboarding. It's a great role and very demanding but it also comes with a fantastic opportunity to make your mark and help us to take recruitment to another level.
What you'll get in return
- Have a strong background in recruiting in a fast-paced environment, where there is a need to be responsive to peak production cycles.
- Worked as an internal recruiter in a fast-paced manufacturing/production type setting and even better if you're used to working with a diverse workforce comprising many non-UK nationals.
- Current knowledge of recruitment best practice and the environmental factors impacting on recruitment
- Happy to take on both the strategic and hands-on tasks relating to recruitment
- An understanding of the HR administration associated to recruitment
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally, over the phone and written, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A strong resilient team player, with strong relationship building and influencing skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.