Oakleaf are supporting this independent law firm of circa 1000 people with over 600 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. They have a presence in London, Singapore and Hong Kong, and the firm services an international community of clients. They are looking for someone to join their lovely Early Careers team of 5 in this Advisor role.
This lovely EC team manage the recruitment and ongoing support all of apprentices, graduate trainees, work experience, internships and paralegals across the firm. The team is made up of five: one manager, 2 advisors and 2 assistants. This advisor role will be responsible for the graduates, interns & paralegals.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of both supporting and leading on the employee life cycle processes: from attraction and recruitment through to performance management, development and transition.
Duties and Responsibilities
Overall responsible for the day-to-day running of the Early Career processes:
· Management and coaching of an Early Careers Assistant.
· Managing the Early Careers processes across the three entry channels (graduate programmes, internships and paralegal) into the three keybusiness areas (legal, legal ops and business ops).
· Expected to build strong working relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders in the business
· Working with the EC Manager to design & implement the expansion of the graduate (legal and non-legal) and internship programmes across the firm.
· Working with the EC Manager to review and update the existing recruitment processes in line with Mishcon de Reya's recent EDI Strategy.
· Ensuring the smooth running of the paralegal processes and identifying opportunities to improve/streamline the processes.
Responsible for the day to day running of the attraction processes
· Making recommendations and implement process improvements.
Responsible for the day to day running of the induction programmes across all three entry channels
· Proven experience having worked in a similar role and/or function within a law firm/ professional services firm is highly desirable
· Ability to manage projects and initiatives with minimal guidance
· Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
· Pro-active and takes initiative